Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American Idol - season starts

American Idol - season starts

Old Jan 18th 2006, 12:16 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American Idol - season starts

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Its only good at the start I think when all the real freaks are auditioning. Once they get the shoe its just not the same.
I've got to agree with that, you'd think their friends and family would tell them how crap they are but then they seem to be just as delusion-ed.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 1:22 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Great laugh.

"If ahyeeeee shot the sheriff....but I did not shoot the deputy...
If ahyeeeee shot the sheriff....but I did not shoot the deputy...
If ahyeeeee shot the sheriff....but I did not shoot the deputy...
If ahyeeeee shot the sheriff....but I did not shoot the deputy"
You missed the other 6 lines he sung Can you believe he was friggin serious *AND* he was a cop. I can just image EVERYONE on the cops radios in virgina all singing to him over the airways. Too bloomin funny...

Last edited by franc11s; Jan 18th 2006 at 1:25 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 1:23 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
what WAS that paris hilton-ette thing with a mother from hell?
friggin scary.... just as dumb eh? Simon made me laugh with the focus on the Sun Tan and then her mum says she was only there to get on TV
Old Jan 18th 2006, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clydegirl
It's on Mondays 8pm central ,on fox.

OK tks gotta catch up now...see what I've been missing
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:08 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
OK, the sad git that I am, I admit, I am addicted to American Idol.

Anyone else watching?
No , you sad git

and Simon is a jerk...no his accent does nothing for me (I reckon you must be homesick...says she who religiously watches Eastenders every week )
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:11 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
No , you sad git

and Simon is a jerk...no his accent does nothing for me (I reckon you must be homesick...says she who religiously watches Eastenders every week )
He can take it a bit far at times, but it does make entertaining tv, and fair play to him for making himself a fortune despite his discernable lack of talent.

Last edited by BigDavyG; Jan 18th 2006 at 3:20 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:13 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
He can take it a bit far at times, but it does make entertaining tv, and fair play to him for making himself a fortune despite his discernable like of talent.
I only ever watched the show one time in the beginning...I hear ads for it on the radio...seems Simon being a nasty bastard in an English accent is their main marketing tool....
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I have seriously never watched a single episode through. The only bits I've caught is of him dissing on them and thought it was hilarious. How dare he tell them they're crap? They're all winners....

Caught him on Leno the other night and he was bitchin' how he barely made it back as they wouldn't give him a visa...
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
I have seriously never watched a single episode through. The only bits I've caught is of him dissing on them and thought it was hilarious. How dare he tell them they're crap? They're all winners....

Caught him on Leno the other night and he was bitchin' how he barely made it back as they wouldn't give him a visa...
Its all staged ...especially the bad ones .....
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad to see American Idol back on TV again. It's one of the few shows we watch - fun at the beginning, and interesting as the season progresses to see how the contestants develop. I've always been a sucker for talent shows. I loved The X Factor, Pop Idol and Fame Academy in the UK.

It's good to hear an English voice, even if it IS Simon Cowell's!

Does anyone watch Craig Ferguson on the Late Late show? I think he dopes a great job - watch his smoke - I can see him taking over from one of the biggies soon.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

does.... not dopes !!!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dimsie

Does anyone watch Craig Ferguson on the Late Late show? I think he dopes a great job - watch his smoke - I can see him taking over from one of the biggies soon.
I've often watched him if I'm awake around then. I find him hilarious, but maybe it is the novelty of his accent?
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:37 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by izibear
I've often watched him if I'm awake around then. I find him hilarious, but maybe it is the novelty of his accent?
yeah I think that's it...and tell me cos it's been killing me...was he the one who played the English boss on the Drew Carey show??
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

He said the other night that he used to be in the Drew Carey show - don't know which part though.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:11 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by Dimsie
He said the other night that he used to be in the Drew Carey show - don't know which part though.
OMG!!!! I knew it was him...he was the English boss...that's why his accent threw me...he sounds wierd with a Scots accent...it is Scots isn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.