British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   American Idol - season starts (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/american-idol-season-starts-348993/)

franc11s Jan 17th 2006 9:31 pm

American Idol - season starts

OK, the sad git that I am, I admit, I am addicted to American Idol.

Anyone else watching? Or am I the only saddy on this board tonight? Actually, I think it beats anything else on American TV for the whole year but that's not really saying very much.

You have to admit, add a touch of British to any program (even Simon) and you get some watchability to American TV. Most (maybe all) successful american shows have actually come from Britain or overseas but rarely is this mentioned by the media ;) It more often than not surprises my American colleagues when I gloat about this fact :)

Anyway, I have my replay/tivo set (I cannot watch with adverts) and I'm ready for a beer and a sing song!! :beer:

TruBrit Jan 17th 2006 9:33 pm

Re: American Idol - season starts

Originally Posted by franc11s

Anyone else watching? Or am I the only saddy on this board tonight? Actually, I think it beats anything else on American TV for the whole year but that's not really saying very much.

You have to admit, add a touch of British to any program (even Simon) and you get some watchability to American TV. Most (maybe all) successful american shows have actually come from Britain or overseas but rarely is this mentioned by the media ;) It more often than not surprises my American colleagues when I gloat about this fact :)

Anyway, I have my replay/tivo set (I cannot watch with adverts) and I'm ready for a beer and a sing song!! :beer:

lol me too, dunno why but I get hooked on the Idol show....lol I laugh at who's go the whitest teeth Paula or Randy..anyway I'll be watching tonight, hubby away so get the vino out and watch the box...ttfn

ScousePete Jan 17th 2006 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by franc11s

Count me in! Also watch it with Tivo!

HoosierDaddy Jan 17th 2006 9:57 pm

Yep - I'm taping it, then watching it later when the trouble gets in from work. We watch it more for the horrendous reprobates than the talented metrosexuals :D

britvic Jan 17th 2006 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Yep - I'm taping it, then watching it later when the trouble gets in from work. We watch it more for the horrendous reprobates than the talented metrosexuals :D

We do the same, good for a chuckle or two.

BigDavyG Jan 17th 2006 10:31 pm

Its only good at the start I think when all the real freaks are auditioning. Once they get the shoe its just not the same.
On the subject of crap american tv - well I tend to agree in the main but on sunday I started watching 24 for the first time ever and it was superb. Quality viewing.

TruBrit Jan 17th 2006 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
on sunday I started watching 24 for the first time ever and it was superb. Quality viewing.

what's that??

BigDavyG Jan 17th 2006 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
what's that??

Kiefer Sutherland kicking ass.
Its into its 5th series now and from what i've seen of the latest one it would be well worth watching the others on dvd.
The whole series is filmed in real-time ie 24 episodes each representing 1 hour.

TruBrit Jan 17th 2006 10:53 pm

Its into its 5th series now and from what i've seen of the latest one it would be well worth watching the others on dvd.
The whole series is filmed in real-time ie 24 episodes each representing 1 hour.

oh ok wonder if it's on down here...what channel and time in your part of the US pls??

Ray Jan 17th 2006 11:02 pm

Its only good at the start I think when all the real freaks are auditioning. Once they get the shoe its just not the same.
On the subject of crap american tv - well I tend to agree in the main but on sunday I started watching 24 for the first time ever and it was superb. Quality viewing.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348999

britvic Jan 17th 2006 11:04 pm

I'm waiting for the rest of Carnival on HBO, Deadwood and Rome were superb.

Jerseygirl Jan 17th 2006 11:06 pm

I live in NJ and due to the bad weather this weekend the cable service has been down. I am sooooo dissappointed that I missed 4 hrs of 24. I e-mailed Fox asking if they would rerun the first 4 hrs as lots of homes in NJ have been without TV, surprise, surprise, I haven't heard back from them. I love 24 and was really looking forward to the new series, does anyone know of a way to view these episodes?

Jerseygirl Jan 17th 2006 11:14 pm

I think the 1st series was the best. I watched it on DVD just before the 2nd series was aired it was superb and got me hooked onto all the subsequent series.

BigDavyG Jan 17th 2006 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think the 1st series was the best. I watched it on DVD just before the 2nd series was aired it was superb and got me hooked onto all the subsequent series.

Another newbie

Hello there, welcome to BE :)

USBound Jan 17th 2006 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
does anyone know of a way to view these episodes?

www.mininova.org