Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American ethnic food supermarket section

American ethnic food supermarket section

Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:35 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American ethnic food supermarket section

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Wow that is hard to believe.
crap - i just thought about it - i feel really old now!
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of

Wow, that is pretty close to what I see in the supermarket (though not everything obviously!) and just shows how all the healthy stuff comes from here, doesn't it? ....lol

The bottled 'cheese' stuff always makes me laugh here....read the labels, it often says 'cheese food'. What is 'cheese food'? Nothing in that bottle is food!

We have a reasonable English/Irish (apparently its the same thing here!) section in my local store but its SO expensive.

Ruth
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:44 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
On one of my trips to Istanbul, we went to a "supermarket" grocery store. They had a package of something called "American salad", which turned out to be what we Americans call "potato salad". I just got a kick out of Turks calling it "American salad", as if we Americans don't eat green tossed salads!

Rene
Went to a restaurant in Istanbul down on the Bosporus that had English potato salad on the menu. It had peas in it.