Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American Embassy in London & I-130

American Embassy in London & I-130

Old Jan 18th 2002, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

bwelburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Is there any one out there that has been through the I-130 process and spouse visa at the American Embassy in London?

My wife has just received her 'leave to remain' in England She got a stamp in her US passport and a letter stating she now has 'leave to remain'.

The INS at the American Embassy require evidence of this for the I-130 application and state 'photocopies preferred'. My questions are:

What should we send with the I-130 as evidence of her 'leave to reamin' in England. Should we send her passport with the stamp or the letter stating she has 'leave to remain'?

If these are to be photocopies, should they be notarized?

thanks
Old Jan 18th 2002, 4:56 pm
Andy Platt

>
    >
    >
    >

I haven't been through this but the answer is pretty straightforward. Send a
photocopy (doesn't need to be notarized) with the I-130 application to the embassy.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Jan 18th 2002, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

We went through the very same process (between May & Sept 2001) and we simply photocopied the information page of the passport and the indefinite to remain stamp.

Its a simple process really if you carefully read exactly what they want from you.

PriZm.

Originally posted by bwelburn
Hi,

Is there any one out there that has been through the I-130 process and spouse visa at the American Embassy in London?

My wife has just received her 'leave to remain' in England She got a stamp in her US passport and a letter stating she now has 'leave to remain'.

The INS at the American Embassy require evidence of this for the I-130 application and state 'photocopies preferred'. My questions are:

What should we send with the I-130 as evidence of her 'leave to reamin' in England. Should we send her passport with the stamp or the letter stating she has 'leave to remain'?

If these are to be photocopies, should they be notarized?

thanks
Old Jan 19th 2002, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent a photocopy of the IND letter granting LTR. The passport stamp isn't really sufficient, as it could belong to anyone.
Old Jan 19th 2002, 9:07 pm
Alvena Ferreira

See the K-1 section of the doc steen site, that info is in the section
somewhere. Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

BestGirl wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >