Reload this Page >

American Drinking Culture

American Drinking Culture

Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:22 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: American Drinking Culture

Originally Posted by Steerpike
You must have too much time on your hands if that sort of thing is depressing
To paraphrase your sig, Most folks find things about as depressing as they make up their minds to.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 11:58 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Bottoms up!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...of-Europe.html
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 12:32 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
I'm so proud *sniff*
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Juswus
I'm so proud *sniff*
That's one take on the report. Here's another: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/22/eu_booze/

It's once again an election issue, but Britain's reputation for binge drinking may be undeserved compared to some of its European neighbours, according to a shock official report.

Ireland, Romania, Germany and Austria all have a higher rate of binge drinking than the UK, a European Commission survey has found.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:41 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
That's one take on the report. Here's another: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/22/eu_booze/
That report must have been produced after Juswus left, obviously knocked the average down a bit.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:17 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

bugger

Originally Posted by zargof
That report must have been produced after Juswus left, obviously knocked the average down a bit.
pmsl
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Juswus
bugger
Best have a drink, to cheer yourself up.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:59 pm
lush

Best have a drink, to cheer yourself up.
I like your thinking
*cheers*
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

I do miss nipping down to the local for a friendly little drink, here we don't have anything like that, but what we do have is many strip clubs that's ok if you are male, but it's not my cup of tea i'm afraid.
Never mind, i will stick to the 3 things that always makes Killeen so very interesting....
1, Eating, 2, Movies, 3, Shopping! lol
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:30 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza777
what we do have is many strip clubs
But do they serve real ale?

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:59 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
If they do, it probably tastes like ass.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza777
I do miss nipping down to the local for a friendly little drink
Very true. I think unless you live in one of the bigger cities you won't have that same convenience of being able to pop down the road for a pint. Certainly not up where I am. All the bars I like are a 15 mile drive away or more, and I can only have one pint when I get there because I have to drive

It's a weird by-product of moving out here - I don't drink even half as much as I used to back home. Was quite worrying until I started to go into a few more bars with the band, and really - I'm not missing much :P

Gone are the days when I could stop in for a quick lunchtime pint with my paper, and sit at a table by myself and be content with my own company. Seems like here, if you're not eating, you're not allowed to be at a table, and unless I'm with friends, I really don't like to sit at the bar because I'm not much of an outgoing people person. I don't mind a bit of banter with the bartender but I usually prefer to slink off by myself.

That sounded dangerously close to bitching! Didn't mean it to be, really it should be a good thing that I don't drink much anymore, right???
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Very true. I think unless you live in one of the bigger cities you won't have that same convenience of being able to pop down the road for a pint. Certainly not up where I am. All the bars I like are a 15 mile drive away or more, and I can only have one pint when I get there because I have to drive

It's a weird by-product of moving out here - I don't drink even half as much as I used to back home. Was quite worrying until I started to go into a few more bars with the band, and really - I'm not missing much :P

Gone are the days when I could stop in for a quick lunchtime pint with my paper, and sit at a table by myself and be content with my own company. Seems like here, if you're not eating, you're not allowed to be at a table, and unless I'm with friends, I really don't like to sit at the bar because I'm not much of an outgoing people person. I don't mind a bit of banter with the bartender but I usually prefer to slink off by myself.

That sounded dangerously close to bitching! Didn't mean it to be, really it should be a good thing that I don't drink much anymore, right???
That exactly describes my thoughts and situation. Apart from being in a band.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:46 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orangemirror
That exactly describes my thoughts and situation. Apart from being in a band.
If it wasn't for the band I'd hardly ever set foot in a bar anymore. I've actually grown to like staying in anyway, especially now I have children - going out on the piss isn't the same anymore.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 5:22 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the pub thing..walking to and from...and as some of you have already said..the DUI (driving drunk) thing still amazes me..to this day...its too socially acceptable..people think nothing of going out to a bar or restaurant, drinking and then hopping in their cars...

By the way...I'm part of the local fuzz (dont hold it against me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.