Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race

The Amazing Race

Old May 28th 2012, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Amazing Race

The wife and I used to watch this (US version) when it was aired on British TV (though dropped eventually I think). I understand we've just missed season 20 but any ideas when 21 might be airing, if it's usually a particular time of year? Thanks.
Old May 28th 2012, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Amazing Race

Lately there have been two Amazing Races per year, one running September through December and one running Jan/Feb through May, so I'd start looking for the new season towards the end of September. It's on Sundays on CBS at 8pm.
Old May 28th 2012, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jscl
Lately there have been two Amazing Races per year, one running September through December and one running Jan/Feb through May, so I'd start looking for the new season towards the end of September. It's on Sundays on CBS at 8pm.
Thanks. Would that be 5pm PT? I haven't quite figured out the 8e/7c kind of thing where west coast prime time is earlier in the day than east coast!
Old May 28th 2012, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

No, still 8pm. The major networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox) stick to the same schedule (so the programme is shown at 8pm ET for East Coast folks, then three hours later it's shown on the West Coast at 8pm Pacific Time). This can be annoying for reality shows where if you're not careful you stumble on who got kicked off online before you have a chance to see it on tv! Those living in Central or Mountain time zones may have to adjust up or down by an hour.

You may find some cable channels where you have to watch three hours earlier in Pacific time, but I think it depends on both your tv source and area. We have DirecTV and for us cable networks like SyFy and the Comedy Channel are three hours early (i.e. a show advertised at 8pm is on at 5pm) but others on the West Coast don't seem to have that issue.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you fall in a strange situation. Our local network chooses to run it's CBS shows an hour earlier in Prime Time. Amazing Race begins at 7pm on Sunday evenings here in Sacramento.

In the meantime, you might want to see if you can download this past Season or watch the shows at CBS.com. CBS shows aren't available on Hulu.

Originally Posted by Jscl
No, still 8pm. The major networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox) stick to the same schedule (so the programme is shown at 8pm ET for East Coast folks, then three hours later it's shown on the West Coast at 8pm Pacific Time). This can be annoying for reality shows where if you're not careful you stumble on who got kicked off online before you have a chance to see it on tv! Those living in Central or Mountain time zones may have to adjust up or down by an hour.

You may find some cable channels where you have to watch three hours earlier in Pacific time, but I think it depends on both your tv source and area. We have DirecTV and for us cable networks like SyFy and the Comedy Channel are three hours early (i.e. a show advertised at 8pm is on at 5pm) but others on the West Coast don't seem to have that issue.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anybody been watching this? It's down to the last four teams for the final episode (2 hours this Sunday). It's probably the "nicest" group of teams I've seen and don't have any that I don't want to win particularly - though it would be great if the Sri Lankans or the goat boys, both being the underdogs and highly amusing, were to win.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:46 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Anybody been watching this? It's down to the last four teams for the final episode (2 hours this Sunday). It's probably the "nicest" group of teams I've seen and don't have any that I don't want to win particularly - though it would be great if the Sri Lankans or the goat boys, both being the underdogs and highly amusing, were to win.
Me and my daughter watch it every week, she is adament that when she is old enough we are applying to go on. We want the goat farmers to win, I don't like the Sri Lankans after they kept the money the hippies dropped (and they are bloody annoying, "go twinny".) I also didn't like the way they all turned Abby and her boyfriend back last week. I know it's strategic, but the way they made it so those 2 couldn't u-turn the goat farmers, therefore making it into a race between the two, was dirty tricks.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the 'Twinnies' for what they did to the rockers a few weeks ago! It was akin to theft in my book and certainly not the way to play the game.

My faves are Jaymes and James now because they seem to be playing fair, regretted the U-Turn but still stuck to their promise and have a non-selfish reason for wanting to win.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'd forgotten about the money thing but they do make me laugh with their expressions. I wasn't impressed with the Chippendale ties coming out for the organ task though - thought that was verging on cheating. It's one thing happening to be good at a task like dancing or tennis; it's another to bring your own props and use them.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 8:21 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
I hate the 'Twinnies' for what they did to the rockers a few weeks ago! It was akin to theft in my book and certainly not the way to play the game.

My faves are Jaymes and James now because they seem to be playing fair, regretted the U-Turn but still stuck to their promise and have a non-selfish reason for wanting to win.
Sorry but I've stopped watching after the twins stole the money. If you find something, and you know who it belongs to and you don't give it back to them but keep it it's stealing.

When those people who are left without money are helped out with cash donations from kind and generous people of Bangladesh, one of the poorest countries in the world, because of someones theft, I don't consider it entertaining TV. especially since they weren't punished or reprimanded in any way.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

It's a game. A game for $1 million dollars. You gotta do what you gotta do to gain an advantage. If money gets lost, that's a disadvantage. The twins didn't actively steal it, ie. take the money directly from their backpack. They just didn't return it. Honestly, how much sympathy can you have for an idiot (the same one, I might add) that ultimately lost his passport too. The lost passport put them out of the game, not the lack of money.

I'm a big fan of TAR, but I'm too much of wuss to actually apply for it... lol
Old Dec 8th 2012, 11:43 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moonshadow_Girl
It's a game. A game for $1 million dollars. You gotta do what you gotta do to gain an advantage. If money gets lost, that's a disadvantage. The twins didn't actively steal it, ie. take the money directly from their backpack. They just didn't return it. Honestly, how much sympathy can you have for an idiot (the same one, I might add) that ultimately lost his passport too. The lost passport put them out of the game, not the lack of money.

Actively steal? is that like legitimate rape?
Old Dec 9th 2012, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

The wife and I would love to do it but it would cost too much money - for the inevitable divorce afterwards!
Old Dec 9th 2012, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but it's actually the dictionary definition of stealing! They took something that didn't belong to them and, to make it worse, they knew who it belonged to and actively kept it from them! Whether you like the team they took it from or not doesn't excuse the action!
Old Dec 9th 2012, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Actively steal? is that like legitimate rape?
That was uncalled for. This was supposed to be a light hearted thread about an entertainment show.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.