British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Amazing Race (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/amazing-race-251018/)

effi Aug 25th 2004 11:05 pm

Amazing Race

Did anyone watch last nite? What did you think of the arrogant/ignorant little shit Colin at the police station? I was beside myself at his attitude towards the police chief. He treated him like some black good for nothing living in the jungle who did not know squat about the law. I think if the cameras had not been there he would have been swiftly taken into the back room and given a good ass kicking. You don't mess with those guys, they can make you disappear only to turn up in a pile of lion turd out in the bondu somewhere. They should have locked him up. I cracked up when he marched into the police station and said to the guy behind the desk "do you speak english" and the guy replied "why yes I do, do you speak Swahili". As for his girfriend she deserves all she gets from him, she is so subserviant, even apologising to him when he screws up. He is the type of guy whom you could just slap all day and not get fed up doing it. The sad thing is that they will probably win all the money. Scary thought, him having all that money with that attitude.

Yosser Aug 26th 2004 1:50 pm

Re: Amazing Race

Originally Posted by effi
Did anyone watch last nite? What did you think of the arrogant/ignorant little shit Colin at the police station? I was beside myself at his attitude towards the police chief. He treated him like some black good for nothing living in the jungle who did not know squat about the law. I think if the cameras had not been there he would have been swiftly taken into the back room and given a good ass kicking. You don't mess with those guys, they can make you disappear only to turn up in a pile of lion turd out in the bondu somewhere. They should have locked him up. I cracked up when he marched into the police station and said to the guy behind the desk "do you speak english" and the guy replied "why yes I do, do you speak Swahili". As for his girfriend she deserves all she gets from him, she is so subserviant, even apologising to him when he screws up. He is the type of guy whom you could just slap all day and not get fed up doing it. The sad thing is that they will probably win all the money. Scary thought, him having all that money with that attitude.

just to look at him, makes me want to crush his puny neck and smash five knuckles in his mush!

I have to say, its the best race yet, I don't normally watch this type of programme but this is quite entertaining. What about that chick that freaks out over money, the bean pole with blond curly hair, gets a right grilling everytime he spends a dollar.

NC Penguin Aug 26th 2004 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by effi

That Colin should've be deported on the spot for his behavior to an officer of the law. He has a general lack of respect for most people, including his girlfriend but he really showed what a twat he is whilst in the police station.

That fool acted so self-centred that he's probably given the Tanzanians the most negative impression of Americans in general. Talk about a lousy ambassador for his country.

If the cameras hadn't been rolling, it wouldn't suprise me if he'd been been beaten up on the spot by the policemen.

The show is riveting for its genre and I missed the previous two episodes. I certainly hope that Colin and his girlfriend don't win the race. With him dominating the couple, he tries so many sly moves to get ahead.

I guess in every kind of reality show, there's always a villain and he's no doubt the person in the Amazing Race.

Ash UK/US Aug 26th 2004 5:58 pm

I wish they had the non elimination round last week so they could have kept the cousins in for another week... I loved the way the taller one would put colin in his place :D

I am not sure who I want to win... maybe Chip & Kim... certainly not Colin

Ash :)

Englishmum Aug 26th 2004 6:37 pm

I was drooling over that Burj-al-Arab hotel in Dubai....the one with the under the sea tunnel to get to the restaurants. It's apparently an amazing place to stay..

Mind you, the cheapest room is $667 per night!

http://www.burj-al-arab.com

meauxna Aug 26th 2004 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
That Colin should've be deported on the spot for his behavior to an officer of the law. He has a general lack of respect for most people, including his girlfriend but he really showed what a twat he is whilst in the police station.

That fool acted so self-centred that he's probably given the Tanzanians the most negative impression of Americans in general. Talk about a lousy ambassador for his country.

Man, no kidding! We were wondering how embarassed he must be watching now that the show airs... or do you imagine, as I do, that he *still* thinks he was right?!

What a contrast with the husband/wife team where the husband is putting out love and good fortune and tipped his taxi $20? Of course, he ended up short of cash at the end, but what a contrast when he stiffed his last cabbie (eww, and hugged the poor fellow) and Colin's idiotic behavior.

Felt bad for the gf at first, but by the end agree... she deserves what she gets with him. Girl needs a self esteem course of some kind.

Ash UK/US Aug 26th 2004 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I was drooling over that Burj-al-Arab hotel in Dubai....the one with the under the sea tunnel to get to the restaurants. It's apparently an amazing place to stay..

Mind you, the cheapest room is $667 per night!

http://www.burj-al-arab.com

I saw a show on either discovery or the travel channel that showed how the hotel was build etc... thought it looked amazing too. Apparently it is the worlds only 6 star rated hotel... I doubt I will ever be able to afford to stay there tho.

Ash :)