am I ready?

Old Mar 24th 2002, 9:40 am
Just Joined

trafalgar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default am I ready?

My partner and I have been together for over three years, and ins has been a constant issue. He is a UK citizen and I am a US citizen, we met when he came over on an F1 student visa, and he still hasn't left Anyway, now the time has come. We either get married or he leaves Sounds simple, but for the ifrst time ever marriage talk makes me sick to my stomach!!! We've always wanted to get married, but on our own schedule, not the governments!!!! I guess my question is: did anyone else "rush" marriage because of ins? Did it work? I guess I just have cold feet, but I don't want to regret the decision to marry later on, and hate him cause I think we did it too soon!!!
Old Mar 24th 2002, 3:35 pm
Betastar

Default Re: am I ready?

On 24 Mar 2002 10:02:34 -0600, trafalgar <[email protected]> spake:

>I guess my question is: did anyone else "rush" marriage because of ins? Did it work?
    >I guess I just have cold feet, but I don't want to regret the decision to marry
    >later on, and hate him cause I think we did it too soon!!!

If you don't feel redy, you're not. Wait until you have that long-distance
relationship and see how hard that is. Or practice before he goes - don't see
each-other for the next 3 weeks and see how that feels to you.

We got married about 6 months sooner than we would have liked because of the INS
thing. We couldn't afford to continue dating over an ocean. Tomorrow we'll be married
1 year and 4 months and we're still blissfully happy.

Betastar

Old Mar 24th 2002, 3:35 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: am I ready?

trafalgar wrote:
    > My partner and I have been together for over three years, and ins has been a
    > constant issue. He is a UK citizen and I am a US citizen, we met when he came over
    > on an F1 student visa, and he still hasn't left Anyway, now the time has come.
    > We either get married or he leaves Sounds simple, but for the ifrst time ever
    > marriage talk makes me sick to my stomach!!! We've always wanted to get married,
    > but on our own schedule, not the governments!!!! I guess my question is: did anyone
    > else "rush" marriage because of ins? Did it work? I guess I just have cold feet,
    > but I don't want to regret the decision to marry later on, and hate him cause I
    > think we did it too soon!!!
    >
If you are not ready, then you are not ready. Let him go home and see how you feel
then. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org