Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Am i the only one who...

Am i the only one who...

Old Dec 6th 2005, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am i the only one who...

Originally Posted by Sarah
You don't even like Mark n Lard ?

Okay I know they're not on anymore but they were fantastic! Have you heard American DJ's ? Its like listening to an in-store announcement except instead of saying "In aisle 3 this week 50c off Twinkies, we always strive to save you money.."
You just take the same voice and annoying jingle music and switch it to "Yes heres another song by Christina/Britney/Justin/Ashlee/Jessica I know we played the same song 10 mintues ago but now we're playing it again!"

Even with Radio 1 at its worst I'd still take it over the average American radio station.
I don't bother listening to the radio much anymore, if they're not playing 1 of only 3 songs they're trying to pass off a commercial as a casual chat.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I don't bother listening to the radio much anymore, if they're not playing 1 of only 3 songs they're trying to pass off a commercial as a casual chat.
Your so right, it's the Radio on the computer or nothing, and a much bigger CD collection for the car.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 4:26 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Your so right, it's the Radio on the computer or nothing, and a much bigger CD collection for the car.
Indeed. Very few stations over here play the mix of music that radio 1 does. Plus in the mornings the dj's play one song every 30 minutes and talk the rest of the time.
Wtf is thAt about ??
Old Dec 6th 2005, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Indeed. Very few stations over here play the mix of music that radio 1 does. Plus in the mornings the dj's play one song every 30 minutes and talk the rest of the time.
Wtf is thAt about ??
and they're always talking crap.

Last week on the radio I heard about an African-American boycott of White owned stores before Christmas, the DJ was encouraging Latinos to do it too - despite the fact (amongst other things) that many Latinos also class themselves as White.

Nothing like driving a wedge between races to unify the nation.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 4:33 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
and they're always talking crap.

Last week on the radio I heard about an African-American boycott of White owned stores before Christmas, the DJ was encouraging Latinos to do it too - despite the fact (amongst other things) that many Latinos also class themselves as White.

Nothing like driving a wedge between races to unify the nation.
Bizarely I saw a news article on a similar subject last week.
Basically all these afri-ameri city councillors were attacking big supermarkets like jewel, dominics, etc for not having any shops in aa neighbourhoods downtown.
Someone pointed out that it was because the neighbourhoods were so poor that no-one could afford to shop there. This is still racism apparently

In conclusion US radio is cr*p (except for espn)
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

lol lol lol , you must be.

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
...Spends all day in work listening to Radio1 and posting on here ???