Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Almost a Comedy!

Almost a Comedy!

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost a Comedy!

Originally Posted by Rete
I've removed all mirrors that show anything from the waist down. I live quite nicely that way in my imaginary world of youth and slimness.
I did that but thought my tits fell off.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:40 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
I was going to make that exact same comment but thought it wasn't my place to do so...
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Ian, I need nieghbours like yours!!
Talking of neighbours and pools.....
We've got a second house we rent out..... it was empty for 2 months and recieved a huge water bill.....
It turned out the neighbours had filled their massive pool by running a hose from our outside water!!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamasue
We've got a second house we rent out..... it was empty for 2 months and recieved a huge water bill.....
It turned out the neighbours had filled their massive pool by running a hose from our outside water!!
My neighbors in IL did that to us, between renters, but they don't have a pool, they just watered their garden every other day!

In that county water is like liquid gold!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:11 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamasue
I need more info and the rest of the story, so how did you find out and what did you do about it?
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

VivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by robin1234
I hope you retained the mineral rights though.. there might be a potential gusher right in that little parcel! Seriously, it's nice to have good neighbors.
Oh Robin.I like your humour!!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
True story:

The fellow next door to us wanted to buy some of our land so he can build a swimming pool for his wife. Sheila and I were happy to sell the land to him, so we had a guy come and survey the land, and decided to sell a 40 ft x 150 ft parcel that adjoins his property! All good... until it came time to settle on a price.

We suggested that $6,000 was reasonable - about $1/sq ft (which is well below average for our area)... after all - he's been a good neighbor for many years, we weren't using the land, and we're not hurting for money!

He said, he'd been thinking we'd want $10,000... so he'd like to pay us $7,000! We said we'd be quite happy with $6,000 to which he responded: okay, how about $8,000? Sheila and I looked at each other, both a bit puzzled, and said: Okay... $8,000.

I don't think you could have scripted something funnier!

Ian
Just you wait
He paid some extra 'cos he's feeling guilty. You think that he's going to build a pool and possibly let you pop in for the odd cooling dip. But he's actually thinking of building something much worse like a cattery and kennels or something that'll destroy your peace and quiet.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 1:57 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackattack
But he's actually thinking of building something much worse like a cattery and kennels or something that'll destroy your peace and quiet.
He's got a big ol' white cat that sits on the hill by his driveway, and spends 3 or 4 hours a day totally immobile... just staring with cat hatred at my two dogs who stare right back and don't blink! Occasionally, Bridget, our terrier, will bark once - just once - but Sydney, our ACD/Wolf mix just stares back... and paces back and forth... silently! You can see the wheels turning in his head as he tries to solve the puzzle of how to get himself a little white sweater for the winter!

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Aug 28th 2010 at 2:01 am.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 5:47 pm
Bulldawgy dawg

Location: Currently living in Medway, Kent UK. Hoping to be living in the Tr-Cities, Washington state, USA
Master_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really nice

He's got a big ol' white cat that sits on the hill by his driveway, and spends 3 or 4 hours a day totally immobile... just staring with cat hatred at my two dogs who stare right back and don't blink! Occasionally, Bridget, our terrier, will bark once - just once - but Sydney, our ACD/Wolf mix just stares back... and paces back and forth... silently! You can see the wheels turning in his head as he tries to solve the puzzle of how to get himself a little white sweater for the winter!

Ian
Haha! Dogs rule!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 4:19 pm
IPM
Forum Regular

IPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to all

True story:

The fellow next door to us wanted to buy some of our land so he can build a swimming pool for his wife. Sheila and I were happy to sell the land to him, so we had a guy come and survey the land, and decided to sell a 40 ft x 150 ft parcel that adjoins his property! All good... until it came time to settle on a price.

We suggested that $6,000 was reasonable - about $1/sq ft (which is well below average for our area)... after all - he's been a good neighbor for many years, we weren't using the land, and we're not hurting for money!

He said, he'd been thinking we'd want $10,000... so he'd like to pay us $7,000! We said we'd be quite happy with $6,000 to which he responded: okay, how about $8,000? Sheila and I looked at each other, both a bit puzzled, and said: Okay... $8,000.

I don't think you could have scripted something funnier!

Ian
You must be sitting on some shale gas