Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

All U need is Love?? NOT

Wikiposts

All U need is Love?? NOT

Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice
Default Re: All U need is Love?? NOT

If your boyfriend says he's coming to stay with his girlfriend for 88 days I doubt they will let him through without questioning him. If he says he has no job that will be a red flag. They will want to see his ticket back but they may deny him entry to the US.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:53 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Oooookay.... so no nuts to spare....

I'm still confuzzled. You said you didn't like English food but then professed a strong craving for a pasty. Traditional? meat/potatoes/turnips etc?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:58 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlisonPA
If your boyfriend says he's coming to stay with his girlfriend for 88 days I doubt they will let him through without questioning him. If he says he has no job that will be a red flag. They will want to see his ticket back but they may deny him entry to the US.
True..... does he have a flat in the UK? If he has no job it'd be pretty hard to pay mortgage or rent for three months. If he has no job or permanent dwelling in the UK, he'll have an awfully hard time entering under the VWP if they question him. If you *do* get a K1 for him, you have only 90 days to marry before he'd lose status (and you do NOT want that to happen).
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:02 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
6. Beneficiary earns 40 quarters of acceptable Social Security Admin income, i.e. working part time for Mickie D's for 10 years isn't acceptable.
You get one credit for each for each $920 you earn. There are a maximum of four to be earned in each year. Therefore (rounding) you need $3700 of earnings. Say McD's pays $6/hr. You need to work 620 hrs, which at a 40-hour week is less than 16 weeks.

I think working part time for Mickie D's is perfectly acceptable to reach your 40 credits.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:19 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I think working part time for Mickie D's is perfectly acceptable to reach your 40 credits.
Point taken, but you'd go mental or die of heart disease if you had to work there for ten years. Anyway -- I'm all for love-fests, but I have to know who's paying the tab. I couldn't afford to support myself, my kids, and a husband who was awarded say $15k in alimony. My kids would be the ones to suffer along with me. Which is why I won't remarry without a pre-nup to protect some assets for my children. They wouldn't be in bliss with a jug of wine, a loaf, and a loafer, no matter how cool he was.