Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The all singing and all dancing one and only Presidential election thread.

Wikiposts

The all singing and all dancing one and only Presidential election thread.

Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:36 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The all singing and all dancing one and only Presidential election thread.

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Here's what the t'Internet dug up...
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...care_cuts.html
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...e-medicaid.php
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dai...-medicare-cuts

That'll do for starters. Would have liked to have seen more events/polls cited on first page of search results. Still, good enough for me. Time to throw more rocks perhaps?!
Yeah, I tried to find an easy link but am shamelessly lazy and couldn't be arsed.

The Tea Party was out front on these protests though so, really when you think about it, who else could it have been?
Old Aug 11th 2012, 10:07 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The all singing and all dancing one and only Presidential election thread.

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
I'm still waiting to see how this fits into the narrative that if Obama is reelected he plans to all kinds of evil to the 2nd Amendment and will force all men into gay marriages. .
Yeah, the social conservatives may be scratching their heads at the moment. Maybe this is what they want though.

Ryan does absolutely nothing to close the gender gap but could potentially alienate the seniors. Weird.

What Ryan's selection does accomplish is the cementing of the Republican party into the "white male resistance" which is really just not what the country looks like anymore, imo.

It's an interesting turn of events though and I do think that Ryan is very smart in a wonkish way. I will make a point to listen to what he has to say but, as with most of the Romney narrative, I foresee him being neutered. The whole Romney campaign seems to be based on the idea that you should distance yourself from everything you've ever accomplished in as far as public policy goes.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan as a VP pick has the potential to box in some of the Republicans running for reelection. “Every Republican on the ballot has hedged on taking a position on the Ryan plan,” says Democratic consultant Eric Adelstein. “Now they can’t.” True. They either have to continue to distance themselves or embrace it. Embracing it could cause them some difficulty at the voting booth.