Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AliciaPhil79's Proof of Domicile Questions

AliciaPhil79's Proof of Domicile Questions

Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

AliciaPhil79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AliciaPhil79's Proof of Domicile Questions

Yep that is what we are doing we going to include my mum and dad income on our I-864 form and also get them to complete a I-864A this will be base on current income which will meet and be above the required household level.

Hopefully probelm solved? plus doesnt seem like they need to show much evidence apart from Tax forms?
Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:11 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

They need to demonstrate that they meet the non-financial requirements as well. 9 FAM 40.41 Procedural Notes, PN2.4 c (3)

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by AliciaPhil79
Yep that is what we are doing we going to include my mum and dad income on our I-864 form and also get them to complete a I-864A this will be base on current income which will meet and be above the required household level.

Hopefully probelm solved? plus doesnt seem like they need to show much evidence apart from Tax forms?
Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

AliciaPhil79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Meet the non-financial requirements as well? what do you mean? I think I'm getting more and more confused lol
Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So, is the plan that you will all live together once you arrive in the USA? You will all be living at the same address, right? That is why mom (and dad's) income can be counted on your I-864, as contributing household members....right?

Each person who is a contributing household member needs to provide:
1. Proof of US citizenship or PR status
2. Proof of current income or assets
3. Proof of family relationship (showing that he/she is indeed your parent)
4. Proof that you and your parent share the same address
5. At least his/her most recent tax return...better to have the most recent 3 years of tax returns.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Meet the non-financial requirements as well? what do you mean? I think I'm getting more and more confused lol
My post covered the non-financial requirements as well.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:28 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Read the reference I've given you.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:31 pm

Proof that they are at least 18 years of age.

Don't need to have the same address if the proposed household member is shown as a dependent on the sponsor's income tax return. (not applicable in this case, but to be complete ...)

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Each person who is a contributing household member needs to provide:
1. Proof of US citizenship or PR status
2. Proof of current income or assets
3. Proof of family relationship (showing that he/she is indeed your parent)
4. Proof that you and your parent share the same address
5. At least his/her most recent tax return...better to have the most recent 3 years of tax returns.

Rene
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

TanyaB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I would mention this here as it is the most recent domicile post..

Do you think that the fact that your UK visa will expire soon is (one bit of) proof of intent to domicile? Granted, I could renew it.. but I haven't made any plans to do so and need to be out of the country in October!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by TanyaB
Thought I would mention this here as it is the most recent domicile post..

Do you think that the fact that your UK visa will expire soon is (one bit of) proof of intent to domicile? Granted, I could renew it.. but I haven't made any plans to do so and need to be out of the country in October!
Sure, any little bit could help. But don't let that be your ONLY proof.

Rene