Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Alert! English Cadbury's Choc Fingers In BB&B

Alert! English Cadbury's Choc Fingers In BB&B

Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:56 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Alert! English Cadbury's Choc Fingers In BB&B

......even though we've just got back from Blighty with a suitcase full of English chocs and Walker's crisps, my husband went to 'Bed Bath and Beyond' last night to buy a new iron.

He discovered that they're selling English made Cadbury's chocolate fingers, so he bought a box of them. They cost $2.99 and obviously, BB & B shops are located all over the US, unlike some of the supermarket chains which stock some British items which are not located nationwide.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:57 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alert! English Cadbury's Choc Fingers In BB&B

Peter Kay.

"They taste the same, they taste exactly the same, Les Cadbury Fingres.....twice the bloody price at Spar at home........."
Old Oct 27th 2006, 1:02 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
......even though we've just got back from Blighty with a suitcase full of English chocs and Walker's crisps, my husband went to 'Bed Bath and Beyond' last night to buy a new iron.

He discovered that they're selling English made Cadbury's chocolate fingers, so he bought a box of them. They cost $2.99 and obviously, BB & B shops are located all over the US, unlike some of the supermarket chains which stock some British items which are not located nationwide.

Around Christmas time Target sells a lot of Cadbury's items, fingers, biscuit assortment tins, that kind of thing.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
Around Christmas time Target sells a lot of Cadbury's items, fingers, biscuit assortment tins, that kind of thing.
they had these in walmart last christmas as well in a big tin
Old Oct 27th 2006, 4:18 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Check carefully, they may be made under license by Hershey which means they don't taste exactly the same. They still have that baby vomit after taste.

Last edited by rincewind; Oct 27th 2006 at 5:42 pm. Reason: Bad English!!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 4:56 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Check carefully, they may be made under license by Hershey which means they don't taste exactly the same. They still have the that baby vomit after taste.
You know that's all I can taste whenever I have tried Hershey, I dunno about after taste
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
You know that's all I can taste whenever I have tried Hershey, I dunno about after taste
the fingers are actually made by cadburys, i check VERY carefully before i buy these things ever since the first time i saw cadburys chocolate in walmart, got SO excited and bought about 6 bars in case they stopped selling it and it was disgusting!!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bettyboop80
the fingers are actually made by cadburys, i check VERY carefully before i buy these things ever since the first time i saw cadburys chocolate in walmart, got SO excited and bought about 6 bars in case they stopped selling it and it was disgusting!!

Don't know about other states but in NJ there is usually an Irish Shop in the mall. They sell quite a good selection of Cadbury's chocolate...and Easter eggs at Easter, selection boxes at Christmas, along with a good range of British food.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:39 pm
How many vacation days?

Warrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rincewind
Check carefully, they may be made under license by Hershey which means they don't taste exactly the same. They still have that baby vomit after taste.
If you check on the back & it says manufactured under licence in the UK for Hershey's - that usually means that it is actual Cadbury's chocolate. There was a whole selection of Cadbury's buscuits at our BB&B in Delaware. The local supermarket had Cadbury's Creme Eggs - UK manufactured again - last Easter - at only $2.00 for 4 - that's probably cheaper than in the UK! I bought packets of them - nearly became addicted! :scared:
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:52 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie

What's in Hersheys chocolate that makes it taste so nasty! When my Mum came over in the spring, she had to buy a hershey's bar to take back for a friend who wanted to try it. She was going to be nice and pick up one with almonds in for a bit of added taste but I made her take the plain one so that they could get the full effect. Guess what, they won't be asking her to bring any more home with her, they hated it!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:37 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

What's in Hersheys chocolate that makes it taste so nasty! !

Is it me, or do Hershey's taste like puke to anyone else (literally).....

I have 5 tins of quality street my sister brough over from England.

I was going to send 2 to my sis-in-law in AZ but they are now coming here

I take a tin to work around the 15th. They are scoffed so quick, the 'mericans love British candy (sweets) -
Old Oct 29th 2006, 4:02 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

What's in Hersheys chocolate that makes it taste so nasty! When my Mum came over in the spring, she had to buy a hershey's bar to take back for a friend who wanted to try it. She was going to be nice and pick up one with almonds in for a bit of added taste but I made her take the plain one so that they could get the full effect. Guess what, they won't be asking her to bring any more home with her, they hated it!
It has to have extra emulsifier to stop it melting in summer. The places that import from England, won't do it in summer.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 5:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
It has to have extra emulsifier to stop it melting in summer. The places that import from England, won't do it in summer.
When we were in the Cook Islands the Cadbury's choc. was delicious...just like back home...it was made in NZ. As you said...the recipe depends on climate and NZ climate is similar to the UK...or so I was told.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by franc11s
Is it me, or do Hershey's taste like puke to anyone else (literally).....

I have 5 tins of quality street my sister brough over from England.

I was going to send 2 to my sis-in-law in AZ but they are now coming here

I take a tin to work around the 15th. They are scoffed so quick, the 'mericans love British candy (sweets) -
Everyone at work keeps wanting to try the chocolate i bought back with me but i'm not wasting it on them!!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of light

Here in Holland we have Cadburys in the supermarket but they've taken the continental European recipe for milk chocolate not the British one and it's gross. Yet one of the high street chemists stocks Flakes and they're imported from the UK!