Reload this Page >

Alarm Clock Etiquette

Wikiposts

Alarm Clock Etiquette

Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:55 am

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alarm Clock Etiquette

Buy him a new clock and smash the other one with a baseball bat
If that doesn't work, make HIM sleep on the couch.

My hubby get's up a couple of hours before me some mornings, but he turns the alarm right off and tiptoes around the house. Bless him!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Have kids - then you'll never sleep long enough for the alarm to go off anyhow!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I'm guessing that this will be a combination of a much-needed rant and an attempt to get some suggestions on how to fix this.

Ok, here's the problem:

Mark and I both work in retail, and rarely do we have to wake up at the same time. He has his alarm clock and I have mine.

I am a pretty light sleeper. Once my alarm goes off I either 1) turn it off and immediately get out of bed; or 2) reset the alarm for 15-20 minutes later (the latest I can get away with) and when the alarm goes off the second time, I turn it off and get up. My alarm clock never goes off more than twice and only beeps 3-4 times max before I turn it off. This is the case regardless of whether Mark is sleeping next to me or not.

Mark, on the other hand, is a snoozer. He will keep pushing the snooze button repeatedly, and it goes off every three minutes or something. Even worse, because he's a heavy sleeper, he puts it on the SUPER SONIC alarm setting, which scares the freaking bejesus out of me every time it goes off. (He has the "world's loudest alarm clock" and I can vouch that it is the loudest damn thing I have ever heard. It's at least as loud as our smoke detector, and that's LOUD!) Sometimes he'll do this alarm-goes-off-every-three-minutes routine for 20 minutes or more.

He does this even when I am still trying to sleep because I start work later than he does.

Mark is a wonderful man, but this is something he does that I find incredibly insensitive. I have asked him before not to do it -- that I would rather he reset his alarm for 15-20 minutes later so it doesn't keep me awake. His response is, "I've been doing this my whole life; you can't expect me to just stop this habit now!" I respond to that by reminding him that marriage is about compromise.

I often will gently try to encourage him to get out of bed, and this causes him to leave in a huff because I haven't let him "sleep in". What's so hard about doing resetting the alarm!?! *I* do it!!!

This really pisses me off and I don't know what to do about it.

There's no point in suggesting I wear earplugs because I already do: To block out Mark's snoring. I remind him that I didn't use to wear earplugs before I married him, so that's MY way of compromising -- why can't HE compromise?! The earplugs I have are the strongest ones around that fit my ears and are comfortable. There's also no point in suggesting that I sleep in a different bedroom -- we only have one!

Ok, rant over. Feel free to make suggestions and/or post your own alarm clock etiquette rantings...

~ Jenney
I tell my wife "I am going to write a book, it will be called My Life Nine Minutes At A Time". She insists on using the snooze button, our clock has a 9 minute snooze. She has been known to use the snooze 6 times. Annoying thing is clock is on my side of the bed. I am in charge of my own clock. My wife is never ever late for work, she just likes to set the clock way ahead of when she wants to get up. When I first met her, she always had the alarm clock set a few minutes fast. After some years the clock was 38 minutes ahead, the alarm is set for 5.45 - 6.0 am, 38 minutes fast RIDICULOUS. Put my foot down (Begged) on that one, alarm clock, now exact.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Have a continuous headache and offer no services until the situation is rectified ...
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:10 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
offer no services until the situation is rectified ...
The house will be a complete mess with all those dirty dishes lying around and the man will have no clean shirts to wear to work
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
.....Put my foot down (Begged) on that one, alarm clock, now exact.
How much was the alimony settlement & do you like your new bachelor pad?
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:12 am
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
Have kids - then you'll never sleep long enough for the alarm to go off anyhow!
LOL this is so true

My husband is a snooze, i over the years have developed an automatic reflex to kick him everytime the bloody thing goes off, especially at weekends if its my turn to sleep in and the alarm is one of the kids
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Jenney -

Tomorrow morning when the same thing happens again. Turn over and grab his scrotum and slowly twist his ballsack while telling him that unless he stops being an inconsiderate selfish f--kbag, he'll be screaming for his mummy every morning or until you twist them off. Which ever happens first. See which he prefers.
My eyes just started watering. Not sure if pain or pleasure???????????
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm not a morning person either. Hubby usually wakes me up with a cuppa as he leaves for work.
I'm not together enough in the morning to make cups of tea. I'm lucky if I can remember my lunch most days!!

It's a good thing my wife doesn't come on here! Last thing I need is her trying to convince me to make her a cup of tea in the morning! :scared:

That'd be 4 minutes less that I'd have to sleep!

I might have to devise a "Phase 4" alarm to get out of bed and make the wife a cuppa! Actually, thinking about it, if my wife thought she would get a cup of tea in the morning, she'd happily be Phase 4 herself..

No Snooze, No gentle waking up, I'd be getting kicked out of bed each morning and you KNOW that the dog would be sleeping on my side of the bed when I came back up with the tea!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:30 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Goddam I'm lucky ...Joycee's alarm is set for 7.15 ... she always wakes up at 7am and turns it off before it goes off.. then at 8am she brings my coffee in ..
Its a good life .....
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

What, you mean everyone can't wake up naturally without an alarm clock? lol I do love Sarah's suggestion or the other one that really works well - have kids.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Goddam I'm lucky ...Joycee's alarm is set for 7.15 ... she always wakes up at 7am and turns it off before it goes off.. then at 8am she brings my coffee in ..
Its a good life .....
Just like our house. Hubby wakes before 6, no alarm needed. Quietly gets out of bed, showers, gets dressed, goes downstairs, has breakfast, then wakes me with a cuppa on the way out to work. I get up when I'm ready, do whatever I want during the day, then have dinner waiting in the microwave when he gets home.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just like our house. Hubby wakes before 6, no alarm needed. Quietly gets out of bed, showers, gets dressed, goes downstairs, has breakfast, then wakes me with a cuppa on the way out to work. I get up when I'm ready, do whatever I want during the day, then have dinner waiting in the microwave when he gets home.
You sad, sad girl. I'm so sorry your life is so horribly rotten. It would be almost perfect, except you have to make him dinner - what other horrible things does the beast have you do?
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
You sad, sad girl. I'm so sorry your life is so horribly rotten. It would be almost perfect, except you have to make him dinner - what other horrible things does the beast have you do?
Hmmm I'll have to think about that one and get back to you, could be a while though.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

move his alarm clock to the other side of the bedroom, that way he has to get up to switch it off...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.