Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Alarm Clock Etiquette

Alarm Clock Etiquette

Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alarm Clock Etiquette

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Thanks to everyone for their responses. (Except Eskimo: If this thread is so "crappy" then why waste your time reading it and posting in it?)
His wife's away, take pity on him.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone for their responses. (Except Eskimo: If this thread is so "crappy" then why waste your time reading it and posting in it?)
It helped me get back to sleep
Old Mar 30th 2006, 11:32 pm
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Jenney,

I had my husband read your initial post and asked him if it reminded him of anyone. LOL He said, "No."

Before we went to bed, we went through our usual setting his and her alarm clock ritual. For a change he had to get up earlier than me. I set mine for 7:00 am and he set his for 6:30 am. I asked him if he set it for 6:30 so he could push the snooze 20 times....he said, no, so he could push it only ten times.

So in the morning when his alarm went off I thought it was mine and immediately popped out of bed to go take a shower. Thing2 informed me that I still had half an hour to sleep as it was actually his alarm. I thought, cool! I get to sleep a little more. And 5 minutes later...beep...beep...beep...thing2 hits the snooze. Five minutes more...beep...beep...beep. I said, "I thought you said I had 30 minutes more to sleep. How can I possibly sleep if you're alarm keeps going off. I guess you are gonna do a Mark."

Hint taken...hubby turns off alarm and gets up. And just as I was going back to sleep, *my* alarm went off. Grrrrrrrr So much for 30 minutes more of sleep.

I empathize with you, Jenney.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 2:20 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, rant over. Feel free to make suggestions and/or post your own alarm clock etiquette rantings...

~ Jenney
er well I'm a snoozer too but it's every 7 minutes or so ( and the radio turns on ) you have to gear yourself up you know lol

as for Mark and his noisy alarm clock making noise way before you have to get out of bed...well it is inconsiderate so why not kick him out of bed?...tell him to get the hell up!..that's what I'd do nothing like a foot in the back and a nice landing on the bedroom carpet to really wake a man up
Old Mar 31st 2006, 2:21 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
er well I'm a snoozer too but it's every 7 minutes or so ( and the radio turns on ) you have to gear yourself up you know lol

as for Mark and his noisy alarm clock making noise way before you have to get out of bed...well it is inconsiderate so why not kick him out of bed?...tell him to get the hell up!..that's what I'd do nothing like a foot in the back and a nice landing on the bedroom carpet to really wake a man up
Or an elbowing to his softies, I find, does the trick. (for his snoring it works)
Old Mar 31st 2006, 2:33 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Or an elbowing to his softies, I find, does the trick. (for his snoring it works)
so does a pillow over the head which can sometimes be a more permanent solution
Old Mar 31st 2006, 2:55 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Jenney -

Tomorrow morning when the same thing happens again. Turn over and grab his scrotum and slowly twist his ballsack while telling him that unless he stops being an inconsiderate selfish f--kbag, he'll be screaming for his mummy every morning or until you twist them off. Which ever happens first. See which he prefers.
How about a nice BJ to wake him up instead, why resort to violence?!
Old Mar 31st 2006, 2:56 am
Back Again

Originally Posted by lionheart
haha pmsl I'm so glad you quoted that I missed it Sarah does make me larf...I'll have to scroll back a few
Old Mar 31st 2006, 3:19 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

A "nice" BJ? As opposed to what other kind?
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:27 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
A "nice" BJ? As opposed to what other kind?
Never had a bird who digs her teeth in?
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Never had a bird who digs her teeth in?
Like I said....."Nice"!!!
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by rushman
Like I said....."Nice"!!!
I'll take that as a no.
Almost as enjoyable as zipping your co ck up in your flies
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:54 am
Account Closed

I'll take that as a no.
Almost as enjoyable as zipping your co ck up in your flies
Not a biter but a gentlish playful nibble raises the senses, especially as you think you're going to get bitten, but an actually bite....no bloody thanks. Never been desperate enough to let any old nutter give me a nosh.