Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Airline Ticket

Airline Ticket

Old Apr 9th 2013, 10:09 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Airline Ticket

Hey everyone

I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of, or booked a ticket through www.airtkt.com ?? I've been looking for a flight to the UK and came across this web site by accident and they're offering a really great price, which is hard to believe considering the quotes I'm getting from other web sites such as Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia.

I did a little digging and found they aren't registered with the BBB and have a number of very negative reviews, but seemingly a lot of positive reviews, so I'm wondering if there's anyone here who knows them??

I don't want to risk booking and then have things go drastically wrong for some reason.

Thanks
Old Apr 9th 2013, 10:47 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airline Ticket

Try searching on kayak.com. If the people you looked at are way below kayak prices I would be concerned.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 10:57 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lansbury
Try searching on kayak.com. If the people you looked at are way below kayak prices I would be concerned.
Good idea because they're about $200 cheaper than everywhere else.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 11:04 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look at Kayak and found my flights I wanted for as low as I paid for Ds last summer. Thanks Lansbury
Old Apr 9th 2013, 11:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63

I did a little digging and found they aren't registered with the BBB and have a number of very negative reviews, but seemingly a lot of positive reviews, so I'm wondering if there's anyone here who knows them??
The fact they aren't registered with the BBB means shit. It costs money to get BBB listed and more money to remove unfavourable comments, so I wouldn't really look to that for anything.

A couple of folks on BE have mentioned them though, but kayak is definitely a safe bet. Though clear your cache/cookies before going back to do a search later on as those results tend to often be higher than the first searches to prompt you into buying.

That goes for a lot of these sites though.

http://www.farecompare.com/ is another site I've seen mentioned, no idea how they stack up though.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 11:51 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Just had a look at Kayak and found my flights I wanted for as low as I paid for Ds last summer. Thanks Lansbury
You're welcome. Good thing about Kayak is it is a search engine which searches the reputable sites, including the airlines own sites, for the lowest fare. Often the airlines themselves have the lowest fare.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:07 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome. Good thing about Kayak is it is a search engine which searches the reputable sites, including the airlines own sites, for the lowest fare. Often the airlines themselves have the lowest fare.
It did send me to the airline website, even though when I looked at the airlines site this morning it was a lot more
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Though it doesn't include some airlines such as Southwest and possibly Jetblue?

Not really a issue for internationals, but if your'e doing internal hops, something to consider.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:54 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Bob
The fact they aren't registered with the BBB means shit. It costs money to get BBB listed and more money to remove unfavourable comments, so I wouldn't really look to that for anything.

A couple of folks on BE have mentioned them though, but kayak is definitely a safe bet. Though clear your cache/cookies before going back to do a search later on as those results tend to often be higher than the first searches to prompt you into buying.

That goes for a lot of these sites though.

http://www.farecompare.com/ is another site I've seen mentioned, no idea how they stack up though.
Thanks for the hints about the cache and cookies. I didn't even notice it did that as I did one search after another. I just thought the flights had gone up lol.

Will clear everything and then check Kayak
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
It did send me to the airline website, even though when I looked at the airlines site this morning it was a lot more
Prices can change from hour to hour so you have to book when you find a low price.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:33 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Kayak's known to be fairly unreliable. Often throws out prices that aren't available when you click through. That said, it's ok as one of a number of research tools, although once you've found an ok fare, think twice about using the Kayak link as there may be a cash-back site you can click through instead.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

ive booked many international flights through lastminute.com

they always came out cheaper than kayak when i was booking and the taxes seemed lower too.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 4:34 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by redarmy990
ive booked many international flights through lastminute.com

they always came out cheaper than kayak when i was booking and the taxes seemed lower too.
Thanks Red....gives me another option to look at