Reload this Page >

Airline security

Airline security

Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

adamfdz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Airline security

Dear all,

There is now a report of a man getting on a flight in Washington DC with bullets in his pocket which were found in London during a routine search. So much for TSA 'thoroughness'.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3396667.stm
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:40 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airline security

Originally posted by adamfdz
Dear all,

There is now a report of a man getting on a flight in Washington DC with bullets in his pocket which were found in London during a routine search. So much for TSA 'thoroughness'.

I read the same story from the BBC earlier today. I was so incensed that US airline security failed to stop this passenger and his bullets.

Isn't it ironic that the US government is ordering foreign governments to take action to protect the US from terrorism when their own airline/airport security is so poor, as the BBC article describes.

Bush wants to spend $800m on NASA. See http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3395165.stm

I think the money would be better spent on matters on Earth, e.g. US education, US health system, US airport security, US economy, etc. Bush is my nomination for global "space cadet"!!

NC Penguin
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:44 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airline security

Originally posted by adamfdz
Dear all,

out of interest, did he have a biometric passport?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 3:00 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone else think the new rule that you're not allowed to que up for the loo anymore, just in case you're a terrorist talking with another terrorist, is one is the most stupid new laws to come in regarding security since 9/11. It almost beats the questionarre that most people have to fill out when entering the US. I'm sure everyone here knows the one I mean!

Last edited by dgsyd1; Jan 16th 2004 at 3:54 am.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 3:14 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dgsyd1
It almost beats the questionarre that most people have to fill out when entering the US. I'm sure everyone here knows the one I mean!
Question 1: "Are you a terrorist ?"

Yes...I mean, no....ARRRGHHH !

Old Jan 15th 2004, 10:36 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I know someone who made it through Dulles and Heathrow security with a can of mace attached to her handbag before Christmas!

She forgot it was there and felt horrendously guilty when she got home...you have to wonder who is the dappiest!