Airfares

Old Sep 29th 2001, 4:10 am
Daniel27

I will be going to Warsaw soon for my wifes visa interview and am curious if anyone
knows who has the best airfares round trip? Thanks! Dan B.

Old Sep 29th 2001, 1:26 pm
Mhaley12345

Try Orbitz.com or Cheaptickets.com. There are many sites that offer pretty decent
rates. Or check out the individual airlines' sites. You can sometimes get better
rates online then if you went to them directly. If you contact them directly, don't
ask for specific dates if you don't have to, you limit yourself that way. Ask what is
the best rate they can give you in the month of November for example....you usually
get more options that way.

Old Sep 29th 2001, 2:19 pm
Michael Voight

MHALEY12345 wrote:
    >
    >

Nah.. Try an agent or consolidator in your area that deals in tickets to Eastern
Europe. In big cities, they are usually located in neighborhoods where there are
concentrations of people from this area.

Old Sep 29th 2001, 6:31 pm
Ks

Try LOT airlines Polish round trip appx $540

daniel27 wrote:

>
    >

Old Sep 29th 2001, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

DOMIN0E is an unknown quantity at this point

economytravel.com offers the lowest international airfares.

Believe me guys, I have compared every time. Otherwise cheaptickets is second best.
Old Sep 30th 2001, 3:19 am
Michael Voight

DOMIN0E wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

How could you possibly compare with every travel agent??

Old Sep 30th 2001, 5:04 am
Vaspecad1

no, he's right, i got my tickets from economytravel.com, and it was many HUNDREDS of
dollars cheaper than my travel agent was and every other "cheap ticket" advertiser i
could find (i went through alot of them). its at least worth the look. i flew to
south africa for $1,450.00 during the low season by travel agent, and am flying
during the high season now for about $1,100.00 via economytravel.com. dont knock it
till you try it.

jon

Old Sep 30th 2001, 11:54 am
Shane

>
    >
    >
    >
Have a look at fights.com. Their usually the cheapest for me.

--
Shane

Old Sep 30th 2001, 6:20 pm
Vaspecad1

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

im not one for violence, but ok.......

Old Sep 30th 2001, 9:52 pm
Gary

I just got $560 round trip Boston to Warsaw from Expedia.com. Also, don't try to get
a one way trip back for her. It's usually hundreds of dollars more. I just got a
round trip for her where her WAW to BOS flight (first leg) was the same as mine
(second leg). I mad her BOS to WAW for way out in January. That way it was the cheap
round trip price.. and if, god forbid, it doesn't work out. Her return ticket is
already paid for. However, it is going to work out.

Our interview date is October 30th!!!

Gary

>
if
    >

Old Oct 1st 2001, 6:28 am
Vaspecad1

good luck to you!!! im sure everything will be great.

jon

Old Oct 1st 2001, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Hi guys, this is Dommie again. (P.S. I am a female)

In regards to comparing with every travel agent, in case you did not know as a rule, they are becoming a thing of the past if all you want to purchase is an airline ticket. They often make a commission on the sale. Internet bookings are cheapest and also, calling the airline directly for the purchase.

Economytravel.com is the cheapest of these web places for international travel. I can go all the way from Spokane, Washington to London Heathrow for just over 400$ smackers The lowest travel agent quoted me 600-something.

Good luck!
Old Oct 1st 2001, 7:29 pm
Shane

[usenetquote2]>>Have a look at fights.com. Their usually the cheapest for me.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>--[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>Shane[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

>

Oh dear! That will teach me right for posting when tired. Should be
http://www.flights.com of course.
--
Shane

Old Oct 1st 2001, 7:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

To Dommie

I hope you fortune telling skills are incorrect as I have a daughter who is a travel agent. As for the profit, it is a mere 5/10% of a ticket. Therefore if a ticket is $230, they will make a really big $12/23. and in some cases certain airlines do not give this discount.

Rita

PS your travel agent wasn't doing her best by you. The agency gets the same fares to offer you that you get online. It is their option as to whether or not they wish to past it on to you.
Old Oct 1st 2001, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

LOL...fortune telling?

I am actually feeling pretty wretched knowing that. I have gone through 3 travel agents in South Dakota, and when I moved to Montana I phoned around to everyone in town before I started comparing to and booking online!! So which agency does she work for??? Must be a good one!

PS your travel agent wasn't doing her best by you. The agency gets the same fares to offer you that you get online. It is their option as to whether or not they wish to past it on to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.