Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Air India Cheapo flights to UK $244 inc

Air India Cheapo flights to UK $244 inc

Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:38 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Air India Cheapo flights to UK $244 inc

Hi Guys

I had to fly back to the UK this week and I booked a flight with Air India the day before I left and it was only $244 1 way there were only 90 passengers on the 747 so we all got a good sleep.

The girl at the check in said that Air India have cheap UK flights up to the same day running until April.

I flew from O'Hare but it might be worth checking it out if you want a cheap trip home.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air India Cheapo flights to UK $244 inc

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Hi Guys

I had to fly back to the UK this week and I booked a flight with Air India the day before I left and it was only $244 1 way there were only 90 passengers on the 747 so we all got a good sleep.

The girl at the check in said that Air India have cheap UK flights up to the same day running until April.

I flew from O'Hare but it might be worth checking it out if you want a cheap trip home.
We flew air india on our honeymoon.. it was quite an adventure
the plane was probably a 30 year old 747. ALl the stewardesses are dressed in saris and flip flops (I do worry how they would manage in an emergency evacuation with this). They do serve curry which wasnt bad. The bad news is the whole plane smells strongly of cooking curry.
Because the plane was so old there was actualyl a huge amount of leg room which was nice and there were few people flying fom LA to LHR so most people had 4 seats to themselves.
My wife mentioned to the stewardess that it was our honeymoon and asked if they had any champagne. They seemed rather cross at this question and said no not at all. Then on arrival in the morning they summoned us to the galley. They closed the curtains and took all the miniatures of booze and stuffed our pockets with them. They gave us all the booze on the plane including full size bottles of whisky. What we were supposed to do with all that booze I wasnt sure especially jetlagged at 9am! They told us to drink it all and make babies!
The return journey was different, a newer plane with the least legroom I have ever experienced. I had the hangover from hell after my wife thought it would be a great idea to get as drunk as possible as quickly as possible the previous night in prague. That strong curry smell in an overheated cabin dows not make a man with a hangover too happy. We were delayed for 2 hours due to mechanical issues. On take off I noticed gasoline literally poouring from the wing as if someone had forgotten to put the gas cap on after filling. As we taxied down the runway I pointed it to a flight attendant. He did look a little nervous but assured me it was probably quite normal.As we took off streams of gasoline pooured out of the wing (I guess they overfilled it). Well we made it to the other side so I guess it was all OK.
I am sure that like aeroflot anyone travelling air india has a tale to tell.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:04 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelman
We flew air india on our honeymoon.. it was quite an adventure
the plane was probably a 30 year old 747. ALl the stewardesses are dressed in saris and flip flops (I do worry how they would manage in an emergency evacuation with this). They do serve curry which wasnt bad. The bad news is the whole plane smells strongly of cooking curry.
Because the plane was so old there was actualyl a huge amount of leg room which was nice and there were few people flying fom LA to LHR so most people had 4 seats to themselves.
My wife mentioned to the stewardess that it was our honeymoon and asked if they had any champagne. They seemed rather cross at this question and said no not at all. Then on arrival in the morning they summoned us to the galley. They closed the curtains and took all the miniatures of booze and stuffed our pockets with them. They gave us all the booze on the plane including full size bottles of whisky. What we were supposed to do with all that booze I wasnt sure especially jetlagged at 9am! They told us to drink it all and make babies!
The return journey was different, a newer plane with the least legroom I have ever experienced. I had the hangover from hell after my wife thought it would be a great idea to get as drunk as possible as quickly as possible the previous night in prague. That strong curry smell in an overheated cabin dows not make a man with a hangover too happy. We were delayed for 2 hours due to mechanical issues. On take off I noticed gasoline literally poouring from the wing as if someone had forgotten to put the gas cap on after filling. As we taxied down the runway I pointed it to a flight attendant. He did look a little nervous but assured me it was probably quite normal.As we took off streams of gasoline pooured out of the wing (I guess they overfilled it). Well we made it to the other side so I guess it was all OK.
I am sure that like aeroflot anyone travelling air india has a tale to tell.
lol Yes it did stink to say the least but you got used to it after a while and for that price I was not complaining.
Inflight entertainment was also an eye opener Indian Idol was the favorite treat for us and would come on and off unexpectadly

I made it thats the main thing but loved your story
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:13 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

We flew Air India a few years ago from LHR to Dehli.
The air stewardess's kept asking my husband what I would like to eat and drink.......as if i wasn't capable of making my own mind up by myself
He thought it was hilarious
Then on the return flight the stewardess's sprayed the inside of the cabin and passengers with disinfectant spray
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:31 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Air India Cheapo flights to UK $244 inc

Originally Posted by DollyLlama

Then on the return flight the stewardess's sprayed the inside of the cabin and passengers with disinfectant spray
Actually that's quite common for aircraft to be sprayed just before landing at certain airports if the plane departed from places such as Asia and the Middle East; for example there may have been a mosquito which strayed on board and it's to prevent malaria or dengue fever.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:36 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Actually that's quite common for aircraft to be sprayed just before landing at certain airports if the plane departed from places such as Asia and the Middle East; for example there may have been a mosquito which strayed on board and it's to prevent malaria or dengue fever.
I'm sure it is common. Just a bit strange the first time it happens to you.
I always wonder why they don't do the same on the flights from China.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 3:26 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

My sister-in-law flew with Air India from LHR-ORD a few years back when she was finished with military duty in England and she told me it smelled bad. Not the curry so much, rather the result of the curry.....
Old Mar 8th 2007, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
My sister-in-law flew with Air India from LHR-ORD a few years back when she was finished with military duty in England and she told me it smelled bad. Not the curry so much, rather the result of the curry.....
I had a lucky escape Mcdonalds got there 1st was too full to eat on the plane.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

My Mate took a cheap Air India flight a few years back .... The plane was so old the pilots name was 'Pontius' and it had an outside toilet.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:25 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Hi Guys

Just a warning folks - www.airindia.com - is running a Malicious script so I'd avoid it unless you 100% trust your security ! See

http://www.sophos.com/security/analyses/malpsymea.html

Easy
Rich./
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:35 pm

Esquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelman
They told us to drink it all and make babies!
and judging by the state of your wife these days you followed their advice