Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

affidavit of support for AOS interview

affidavit of support for AOS interview

Old Jan 18th 2002, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

smartiegirl88 is on a distinguished road

I have my AOS interview in a few weeks and was wondering if I have to fill out another affidavit of support? I came in on a K1, and sent one with my AOS application. I don't work, and my husband works at the same place as the one we stated for the affidavit of support last time. Do we have to fill in another one with his pay increase, or will the letter from the employer be enough? Since he is working for the same place, I figured that we wouldn't need to fill out another one and get it notarized etc. If anyone could help shed some light on this situation, I'd be grateful
Old Jan 18th 2002, 2:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need a new AOS but you will be required to bring a letter from his employer (current information on it) and the IRS tax returns you have filed since the original affidavit of submitted.

Rita
Old Jan 18th 2002, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

smartiegirl88 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Rita, you sure know a lot about everything! I have been looking for this newsgroup for AGES. Ever since I started the K1 process I think, but I could never get here from the links on other people's websites. Sure am glad I've got a place to go and ask Qs other than that INS helpline!

Thanks again
Old Jan 18th 2002, 4:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

YOu're welcome. But the truth is I know a little about a lot of things ;-) But am very familiar with the K-1 and the AOS processing only because I've been there, done that and lived to talk about it ;-0

Rita
Old Jan 18th 2002, 6:57 pm
Dawn

Rete <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >

I got a letter from my employer (Board of Ed) in June 2000 when I started getting
info for the K-1 filing, as I misread when this piece was necessary, and got the same
letter again--just updated--in December 2000 to have for filing with AOS in April
2001 (included copies of both with the filed info). The letter states that I am a
tenured employee and have worked in this system since 1989. Do I really have to get
yet another letter for our AOS interview (yet to be scheduled but possibly this
spring sometime)when I will be bringing in paystubs showing continuing employment
with the same system (hence being "tenured")?

Dawn