British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Affidavit to Attest to your marriage- I-751?? any Sample ?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/affidavit-attest-your-marriage-i-751-any-sample-247592/)

buddy80 Aug 9th 2004 4:44 pm

Affidavit to Attest to your marriage- I-751?? any Sample ??

Hello,
I have a question concerning providing affidavit from 2-3 persons who know our marriage. My question is, does anyone know of how to write an affidavits or direct me to a sample affidavit that I can use. Do I need to consult a lawyer to write one for us ? I don't want to spend any more money on attorneys. I have family members who are ready to provide the affidavit..any suggestions will be appreciated. My last question is? is this necessary part of providing evidence to establish our relationship.

Thanks.

Thanks

Ray Aug 9th 2004 4:58 pm

Re: Affidavit to Attest to your marriage- I-751?? any Sample ??

There is an example here.. look under Lifting of Conditions (I-751)
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples

buddy80 Aug 9th 2004 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by buddy80
Hello,
I have a question concerning providing affidavit from 2-3 persons who know our marriage. My question is, does anyone know of how to write an affidavits or direct me to a sample affidavit that I can use. Do I need to consult a lawyer to write one for us ? I don't want to spend any more money on attorneys. I have family members who are ready to provide the affidavit..any suggestions will be appreciated. My last question is? is this necessary part of providing evidence to establish our relationship.

Thanks.

Thanks

****************Ray6***************

Ray thanks for the link. It is really helpful. I just came accross this site...directed by my angels and this forum has provided me with enough information.

Thanks.

Buddy80

Folinskyinla Aug 9th 2004 6:36 pm

Hello,

Thanks.

Thanks

Hi:

Why do you want to submit an affidavit. They are optional and are of little use. In fact, inpreparing for a telephonic "CLE" lecture on I-751, all four attorneys [including myslef] from all parts of the country agreed that we very rarely submit such affidavits -- and only when there is nothing else.

AGUILA Aug 9th 2004 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Why do you want to submit an affidavit. They are optional and are of little use. In fact, inpreparing for a telephonic "CLE" lecture on I-751, all four attorneys [including myslef] from all parts of the country agreed that we very rarely submit such affidavits -- and only when there is nothing else.

The most the applicant sends the better the chances it'll get approved without interview. Were those telephonic Continuing Legal Education lectures on I-751 the same that ILW is providing?

Do affidavits present a more important role on waiver-based I-751's?

Rete Aug 9th 2004 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

What you have to understand is that you are looking at it from a professional's viewpoint and first hand interaction and knowledge of the procedure and the system.

You have to look at it from the viewpoint of the users and beneficiaries of a convoluted system. If the forms says Letters of Affirmation ... no one sees the and/or/but/if in the instructions. Just like everyone scrambling for each and every possible document listed on the I-134 when if you use your salary that is all you need to prove, people read the I-751 instructions and see "this is one of many things you can use to prove your continued valid marriage" and off they run to supply it. Nor do they read the instructions that come with the suggestion of what the letter must entail and ask others for samples because they can't begin to think of how to write a simple letter because they are so fearful that they will be the one to be denied removal that they have to have it perfect.

You can write your post stating every day for the next 365 days that the LOA is not required and a poor substitute for hard evidence and each and every day that you post there will be someone else wanting information on how to write the bloody letter.

Rete

buddy80 Aug 10th 2004 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
What you have to understand is that you are looking at it from a professional's viewpoint and first hand interaction and knowledge of the procedure and the system.

You have to look at it from the viewpoint of the users and beneficiaries of a convoluted system. If the forms says Letters of Affirmation ... no one sees the and/or/but/if in the instructions. Just like everyone scrambling for each and every possible document listed on the I-134 when if you use your salary that is all you need to prove, people read the I-751 instructions and see "this is one of many things you can use to prove your continued valid marriage" and off they run to supply it. Nor do they read the instructions that come with the suggestion of what the letter must entail and ask others for samples because they can't begin to think of how to write a simple letter because they are so fearful that they will be the one to be denied removal that they have to have it perfect.

You can write your post stating every day for the next 365 days that the LOA is not required and a poor substitute for hard evidence and each and every day that you post there will be someone else wanting information on how to write the bloody letter.

Rete

I have all my documentation- taxes, insurance policies, marriage certificates, bank accounts etc. I personally don't think that it hurts to include an affidavit. I think that the more one can provide documenation to proof that their marriage is still goine on, the better. Would anyone agree with me ?

thanks.

Buddy80

Rete Aug 10th 2004 5:05 pm

I have all my documentation- taxes, insurance policies, marriage certificates, bank accounts etc. I personally don't think that it hurts to include an affidavit. I think that the more one can provide documenation to proof that their marriage is still goine on, the better. Would anyone agree with me ?

thanks.

Buddy80

Doesn't matter if we agree with you or not. The forum can pull up multiple cases where no LOA were included and the posters were approved without interview. The forum can also pull up multiple cases where LOAs were included and the posters were approved without interview.

But then again we can pull us cases where posters were called for interviews even if they were still married after 4 years and had included a small volume of hard evidence and 3 LOAs.

Those chosen for an interview is for the most part randomly chosen. The supervisor or worker pulls out a file and says: Okay we are going to send this one for an interview. Yes others do deserve interviews because of iffy cases but not all of them.

So go with your gut and forget what anyone has done, will do or suggests. You read the instructions, now the choice is strictly up to you.

Rete

Rete Aug 10th 2004 5:07 pm

Also please note that Aguilla is not a married person but is a single person who is divorced from the wife that allowed him to qualify for his conditional green card status and he is filing for removal based on a waiver of abuse.

His remarks are very pertinent to his case and cases of similar circumstances but do not necessarily pertain to cases where removal is based on an ongoing, valid marriage.

Rete