Reload this Page >

Advise Please For Future Move To Usa

Advise Please For Future Move To Usa

Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:42 am
Gilly123

Default Re: Advise Please For Future Move To Usa

Originally Posted by blaze
Hi there and welcome!
What part of New York were you thinking of, City or state?
Hi there !

Hopefully NYC but Im prepared to move further out..
Depeneds on the ££££ if you know what I mean....

Christine
x

Old Jul 24th 2006, 12:35 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gilly123
Wow..Thanks guys for all your replys...
Has anyone actually lived in America with out being trained in a high profession ?
Yeah, I married an American, but I wouldn't advise it. :scared:
Old Jul 24th 2006, 12:51 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been looking at the American green card lottery, It says that I am eligible to enter because my mum is Spanish and she was born there, but if they were both English I would not..
But does anyone know what the chances are of winning in this lottery ?
Because you have to pay to enter.. !
In all honesty, probably your best bet. I might be wrong, but I think it's free until you win, so it's also the cheapest way. I know a handful of people who came over that way, and there are also one or two on this board somewhere. But I have no idea what the odds are on any given year.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 1:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone actually lived in America with out being trained in a high profession ?
errr....well it ain't easy, the US doesn't want people in, so it's going to be tough, but good luck with it...the easiest is the marriage route....business investment ain't easy or cheap, and E2 is shite if you have a family for many reasons, actually, it's just shite.

your luck in that you can do the lottery, it's free, but if and when you win, ain't easy, long odds, then you start to pay to go through the process and it still ain't that cheap.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 1:27 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you say you have a chance in the lottery 'cos your mum is Spanish...so are you gonna leave your fella behind in the UK then?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
In all honesty, probably your best bet. I might be wrong, but I think it's free until you win, so it's also the cheapest way. I know a handful of people who came over that way, and there are also one or two on this board somewhere. But I have no idea what the odds are on any given year.
The US Govt. issues 55,000 greencards through the Diversity Lottery each year. In 2006, 61 people from Spain got into the US via this method. Ostensibly it is for nations with a traditionally low rate of immigration to the US, but I'm not sure this reason flies too well.

For your odds, about 10,000,000 people apply every year. So as 55,000 get in from 10 million, round about half a percent are successful.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does not harm to enter the lottery, your chances are as good as anybody elses.

If you can speak Spanish that is a definite plus.

I guess most people cme here through:

Marriage

Work

then someway back immediate family.

Read the link and tell us which works best for you.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There

Im sorry I did not get your Pm for some strange reason...

Im not being rude and ignoring you.......

Many Thanks

Christine x
I sent it again but this is coming up:----
Gilly123 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:42 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there !

Christine
x
Why the USA and NYC in particular?

Last edited by gruffbrown; Jul 24th 2006 at 5:54 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:01 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

It just winds me up a bit because our country is full of foreign mostly Polish and they get to come straight over and work and for an English person wanting to move abroad its soooo. much harder.. (damn it... )
That's the beauty of the European Union.... and if you think the UK is full of "foreign" people, what do you think NYC is full of?

As an American, I couldn't emigrate to the UK very easily. Perhaps slightly easier.... but in my given field, it'd be easier the other way round, actually, to come to the US on an H-1B (skilled worker visa).
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:06 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Does not harm to enter the lottery, your chances are as good as anybody elses.
Not really. Unless she was born in Spain or her father was born there she is SOL for the lottery.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:03 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there !

Christine
x

Well, as someone else has alread said, NYC isn't cheap! There are a fair few of us that live in upstate NY where it is much cheaper. I guess it depends what you are looking for. If it is the thrill of NYC itself I hope that if you make it over that you are not dissappointed, (Syracuse could do with a few more Brits if you want to head this way! )
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:59 pm
Gilly123

Cool Re: Advise Please For Future Move To Usa

:scared:
Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
Well, you say you have a chance in the lottery 'cos your mum is Spanish...so are you gonna leave your fella behind in the UK then?
No wont leave him behind.. But sounds like a good idea sometimes...lol

He said we could get married ........aah how romantic >>>>

Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:02 pm
Gilly123

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Why the USA and NYC in particular?
Ive been to New York a few times and I totally love it .......
Im not sure why really but its just the feeling I get when Im there or think about it. Ive been to San Francisco too but It did'nt really do anything for me.

New York felt like home...

Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:03 pm
Gilly123

Red face Re: Advise Please For Future Move To Usa

Originally Posted by Arizona Wurzel
I sent it again but this is coming up:----
Gilly123 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
Im really sorry I dont know why it is doing that ....!!
HELP....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.