Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

Old Aug 11th 2002, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

andyjbilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

Hi...

Anyone help is so far as what happens after we have gotten NOA 2 from the US? I have been searching these threads and other sites and so far I am thinking this happens?

1. US send NOA2 to UK London consulate.
2. Do I wait till the contact me or should I fill out the forms DS230, DS156 and DS156K and send them off before they contact me?
3. The check list on the London (US) embassy site says I don't need to post any documents - just take them with me... guess that must be right then.
4. Ruth sends me her Affidavit of Support from the US to take with me at the interview?
5. Is it crucial that I have my marraige certificate? My exwife has this...
6. Anyone any ideas what the time span is between 2nd NOA and an interview in London?

Thanks everyone for your help so far...
Good luck to all of you who are going through this tough process and more importantly, being away from the ones we love!
Best wishes
Andy
Old Aug 11th 2002, 4:53 pm
Denis Barlow

Default Re: Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

On 11 Aug 2002 15:55:02 GMT, andyjbilton <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi...
    >Anyone help is so far as what happens after we have gotten NOA 2 from the US?
    >I have been searching these threads and other sites and so far I am thinking
    >this happens?
    >1. US send NOA2 to UK London consulate.

Yep!

>2. Do I wait till the contact me or should I fill out the forms DS230, DS156 and
    > DS156K and send them off before they contact me?

Won't do any harm to send them now

>3. The check list on the London (US) embassy site says I don't need to post any
    > documents - just take them with me... guess that must be right then.

Yep!

>4. Ruth sends me her Affidavit of Support from the US to take with me at the
    > interview?

Yep!

>5. Is it crucial that I have my marraige certificate? My exwife has this...

They didn't ask for mine but you can bet your ass that if you don't have it they will
want to see it! The courts kept my marriage certificate when they issued my divorce.
I got another one from the Family Records Centre in London. Don't take any chances.

>6. Anyone any ideas what the time span is between 2nd NOA and an interview in
    > London?

For me it was 4 months but my petition got lost between CSC and London so that is not
necessarily typical.

Denis

>Thanks everyone for your help so far... Good luck to all of you who are going
    >through this tough process and more importantly, being away from the ones we love!
    >Best wishes Andy
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 11th 2002, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Re: Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

Thanks Denis.
So I got the forms right huh? Mostof them seem to duplicate themselves in there questionning!!!!!
Thanks again
Andy
Old Aug 11th 2002, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Sioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really nice
Default Re: Re: Re: Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

We got our 2nd NOA on July 11, and Graham just got word that his interview date is September 9th. I think that if you're pretty quick about getting everything sent in, it goes fairly swiftly.
Old Aug 11th 2002, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

Thanks!
Did Graham send all the forms off before the US consulate contacted him? Thanks again
Andy
Old Aug 11th 2002, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really nice
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

It was actually really quick--he posted his timeline earlier (his screen name is Targaff). I think he mailed off the forms a couple of days before he actually got them from the embassy...but we went through TSC, so if you went through a different service center (I can't remember) it might not be as fast.
Old Aug 11th 2002, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

Thanks again!
I will post mine off this week and not wait for embassy to get in touch ....!
Cheers
Andy
Old Aug 12th 2002, 8:46 am
Anne Bates

Default Re: Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

Hi Andy, is this for K1 or I-130? just asking so i will know what forms to get
together Thanks Anne

andyjbilton <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi...
    > Anyone help is so far as what happens after we have gotten NOA 2 from the US? I
    > have been searching these threads and other sites and so far I am thinking this
    > happens?
    > 1. US send NOA2 to UK London consulate.
    > 2. Do I wait till the contact me or should I fill out the forms DS230, DS156 and
    > DS156K and send them off before they contact me?
    > 3. The check list on the London (US) embassy site says I don't need to post any
    > documents - just take them with me... guess that must be right then.
    > 4. Ruth sends me her Affidavit of Support from the US to take with me at the
    > interview?
    > 5. Is it crucial that I have my marraige certificate? My exwife has this...
    > 6. Anyone any ideas what the time span is between 2nd NOA and an interview in
    > London?
    > Thanks everyone for your help so far... Good luck to all of you who are going
    > through this tough process and more importantly, being away from the ones we love!
    > Best wishes Andy

Old Aug 12th 2002, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Re: Advice on what happens after NOA 2?

K1 - fiancee visa, Anne.
try www.usembassy.org.uk gives you the forms on there.
Good luck!
Andy