Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Advice for Those Emigrating or Those Just Emigrated to America

Advice for Those Emigrating or Those Just Emigrated to America

Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:16 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice for Those Emigrating or Those Just Emigrated to America

Ah, so this is where you guys are when you're not in the Lounge... Just thought I'd pop over and say hellooo Lisa, Leslie, LIW...how are things in the good old US of A today...everyone happy???...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Having trawled my way through figs last thread and now this one, what amazes me is why someone who believes that immigrants should accept things the way they are and who claims to be a native american why would such a person be a member of an expat forum!!!!

If he claims he has no links to immigrants, then why join such a group??

As for you giving advice on anything to do with immigration or emigrating, please keep your advice to yourself. Being a "native american" and having no immigrant descent you are not qualified to offer advice to immigrants of any nationality.

Now if you would like to give advice on "lets keep america american and don't listen to the opinions of immigrants in order to change things for the greater good of the american people" then please feel free to disappear from this BRITISH EXPATS forum, and go join another one!!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Ah, so this is where you guys are when you're not in the Lounge... Just thought I'd pop over and say hellooo Lisa, Leslie, LIW...how are things in the good old US of A today...everyone happy???...
Hi Pinkie!! Bit cooler here today, thankfully!! How's things for you?
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by broma25
Having trawled my way through figs last thread and now this one, what amazes me is why someone who believes that immigrants should accept things the way they are and who claims to be a native american why would such a person be a member of an expat forum!!!!

If he claims he has no links to immigrants, then why join such a group??
Because its a troll. And its first and only idea is to stir shit...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:19 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Hi Pinkie!! Bit cooler here today, thankfully!! How's things for you?
Hey Lisa...miserable as sin in good old North Yorkshire...you know the kind of day I mean...nice enough but no sign of the sun...still, this time next year I should be in NZ and it'll be winter so best make the most of it I suppose...

How hot has it been for you then...go on, make me jealous...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Hey Lisa...miserable as sin in good old North Yorkshire...you know the kind of day I mean...nice enough but no sign of the sun...still, this time next year I should be in NZ and it'll be winter so best make the most of it I suppose...

How hot has it been for you then...go on, make me jealous...
My daughter says its been downright cold there.....I was jealous of her weather! lol Its been about 32c in the late afternoons, we've been dying! With a big move coming up, I don't want to be sweating too much.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:24 pm
Don't let me get me....

My daughter says its been downright cold there.....I was jealous of her weather! lol Its been about 32c in the late afternoons, we've been dying! With a big move coming up, I don't want to be sweating too much.
Yeah, your daughter's right!! It's been really chilly here at night - I even clicked the central heating on for 10 minutes last night it was soooo cold...

32C would be way too much for me though - I'd have to go live in the fridge!!!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

135 (ish) posts on day of joining????
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:43 pm
ImHere

Well I see the dumbass returned after last nights entertainment.

Perhaps he should read this forum here:

http://www.americanexpats.co.uk

To see what AMERICAN EXPATS in the UK complain about. Perhaps we should ship them all back here for daring to complain that you cant get such and such food or item in Brit supermarkets?

Sheesh. Why dont you get a life and understand that Expats of ALL nationalities will find things that are strange and unusual and that cause minor personal distress (unless you happen to be overseas in the military and get all the home comforts shipped to your door at great tax payers expense) and the normal way of safely venting these minor frustrations is to complain about it to OTHER EXPATS who are experiencing the same things. Its NOT a slur on the adopted country simply a coping mechanism.

No do us all a favour and get some humour, some understanding and lose the attitudes, dude.

Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ImHere
Well I see the dumbass returned after last nights entertainment.

Perhaps he should read this forum here:

http://www.americanexpats.co.uk

To see what AMERICAN EXPATS in the UK complain about. Perhaps we should ship them all back here for daring to complain that you cant get such and such food or item in Brit supermarkets?

Sheesh. Why dont you get a life and understand that Expats of ALL nationalities will find things that are strange and unusual and that cause minor personal distress (unless you happen to be overseas in the military and get all the home comforts shipped to your door at great tax payers expense) and the normal way of safely venting these minor frustrations is to complain about it to OTHER EXPATS who are experiencing the same things. Its NOT a slur on the adopted country simply a coping mechanism.

No do us all a favour and get some humour, some understanding and lose the attitudes, dude.

Probably better to read UK-Yankee.com, American Expats is a paying site.

Hey ImHere, back from your travels?
Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:03 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
135 (ish) posts on day of joining????
He's worse than me.......
Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:06 pm
ImHere

Probably better to read UK-Yankee.com, American Expats is a paying site.

Hey ImHere, back from your travels?
Howdy pardner'.

Oh is it? It never used to be but ive not been there for ages. Either way this gimp needs to get a reality check and realise minor moans and groans are part of human nature the world over. All I can say is thank god he's not representative of your average American, or Brit come to that.

Nope, still wandering round the countryside and having a ball.
But we've hooked up at a site with WiFi for a couple of days so making use of it.

Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:08 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Fig and I have one thing in common.... we both talk complete bollocks
Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ImHere

Nope, still wandering round the countryside and having a ball.
But we've hooked up at a site with WiFi for a couple of days so making use of it.
I'll save the intricate and major arguments till your back then. Either that or when you're leaving your site and I get the last word!

Have fun!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:09 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Fig and I have one thing in common.... we both talk complete bollocks
And one crucial difference...you know what bollocks are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.