Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Advice for Those Emigrating or Those Just Emigrated to America

Advice for Those Emigrating or Those Just Emigrated to America

Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:47 pm
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future
Default Re: Advice for Those Emigrating or Those Just Emigrated to America

Originally Posted by britvic
And his at it againe!!! This is a" BRITISH" Expats sigt and there are a few Americans on here who do understand us Brit's sometimes without being as RUDE as you. Manners well that's a largh!!! Sorry to some of our American friends on here.
You must have one odd definition of rudeness then. Maybe you should go read the referenced thread, and quite a few others within this forum.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I know far more Americans who bitch and moan about the government, gun culture and America in general that I have ever seen on here. Should they have their citizenship taken away? I was told when I moved here by a lot of Americans that I should get used to the way Americans complain like it’s their job, are arrogant and self centered and generally intolerant of anything or any culture that they personally don’t do or don't agree with. That's not me saying that, it is people who have lived here all their lives, are citizens, put their flags out but don't see the country through rose tinted glasses. I live here, I complain about the same things I complained about when I was in England and I don't think it's any better or worse than any other place I have lived.

One line you said made me think. "Respect the culture of the country you have chosen to live in. It is foolish and disrespectful to expect things to be the same as where you came from and beyond crazy to expect it to change just to make you more comfortable."
Lets ask some Native Americans what they think about that.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:49 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
No, you people are the ones doing a fine job of that.
Whatever, Fig.

Now I'm off to work helping to defend your country.

That's right - one of the vilest of immigrants you feel this country doesn't need or want actually does something for America.

Don't you have something constructive you could be doing?

No? Then have fun working up an aneurism while I'm away.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:49 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
By the way, Fig, my family and I do need some help with our tickets home, so I would like to take you up on your kind offer.

So put your money where your mouth is and help send one more family of vile immigrants back home where they belong, eh?
I think you interrupted him. He already had four consecutive posts talking to himself. How rude!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:50 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I know far more Americans who bitch and moan about the government, gun culture and America in general that I have ever seen on here. Should they have their citizenship taken away? I was told when I moved here by a lot of Americans that I should get used to the way Americans complain like it’s their job, are arrogant and self centered and generally intolerant of anything or any culture that they personally don’t do or don't agree with. That's not me saying that, it is people who have lived here all their lives, are citizens, put their flags out but don't see the country through rose tinted glasses. I live here, I complain about the same things I complained about when I was in England and I don't think it's any better or worse than any other place I have lived.

One line you said made me think. "Respect the culture of the country you have chosen to live in. It is foolish and disrespectful to expect things to be the same as where you came from and beyond crazy to expect it to change just to make you more comfortable."

Warning. This is not going to be a rational argument. Severe waste of time risk. Check last night's thread.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, Fig, my family and I do need some help with our tickets home, so I would like to take you up on your kind offer.

So put your money where your mouth is and help send one more family of vile immigrants back home where they belong, eh?
Oh yes please I'll have some tickets also!!! Put your money whare your mouth is

Originally Posted by britvic
Oh yes please I'll have some tickets also!!! Put your money whare your mouth is
Maybe he could get us a package deal?
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know nothing about your family but they have my sympathies for having to deal with a husband or wife and parent such as yourself.
Yes, yes, but where's the money? After all, you offered, and as you have told us many times, you never lie.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

You must have one odd definition of rudeness then. Maybe you should go read the referenced thread, and quite a few others within this forum.
I read Expats every day, like I said LUV IT
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:56 pm
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

I know far more Americans who bitch and moan about the government, gun culture and America in general that I have ever seen on here. Should they have their citizenship taken away?
One big difference is that they are Americans so they have a right to complain. Thing is Americans complaining doesn't even begin to approach the British way of complaining that you are all so proud of.

I was told when I moved here by a lot of Americans that I should get used to the way Americans complain like it’s their job, are arrogant and self centered and generally intolerant of anything or any culture that they personally don’t do or don't agree with. That's not me saying that, it is people who have lived here all their lives, are citizens, put their flags out but don't see the country through rose tinted glasses. I live here, I complain about the same things I complained about when I was in England and I don't think it's any better or worse than any other place I have lived.
So I see the country through "rose tinted glasses?" I haven't discussed anything majorly critical about my own country and that automatically makes me someone that is looking through "rose tinted glasses?" What kind of critical thinking is that??

You just did.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

One big difference is that they are Americans so they have a right to complain. Thing is Americans complaining doesn't even begin to approach the British way of complaining that you are all so proud of.

So I see the country through "rose tinted glasses?" I haven't discussed anything majorly critical about my own country and that automatically makes me someone that is looking through "rose tinted glasses?" What kind of critical thinking is that??

You just did.
Please everyone, let's make a deal.... when we go to the zoo we won't make fun of the monkey in the cage, point out the large penis on the elephant or FEED THE TROLLS.

Bob let's close this one before we get another 40 pages of headbanging, please put him out of his misery!

- Tim
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:02 pm
Banned

Whatever, Fig.

Now I'm off to work helping to defend your country.

That's right - one of the vilest of immigrants you feel this country doesn't need or want actually does something for America.

Don't you have something constructive you could be doing?

No? Then have fun working up an aneurism while I'm away.
Good for you but we did just fine before you ever came along. If you left you wouldn't be missed. Certainly your attitude wouldn't.

I'm sure you are also getting well paid for you services. That's probably one of the reasons why you are here.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Warning. This is not going to be a rational argument. Severe waste of time risk. Check last night's thread.

Yes, do.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Maybe he could get us a package deal?

With all of you in one plane the flight attendants would commit suicide.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:06 pm
Banned

Yes, yes, but where's the money? After all, you offered, and as you have told us many times, you never lie.
No, I don't. If I could be sure your kind would never come back to my country I'd pay for your fares in a second.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.