Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Advice for Those Emigrating or Those Just Emigrated to America

Wikiposts

Advice for Those Emigrating or Those Just Emigrated to America

Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice for Those Emigrating or Those Just Emigrated to America

Originally Posted by yorkie
For information - the reason I am on this site in the first place is that My (American) wife and I plan to retire in the next few years to her home state of Michigan, and I wanted to get a feel of the US from fellow countrymen (and women) already there. I have visited numerous times and really like what I have found there, and find it preferable to the UK. Although I am fully aware of "the grass is always greener" factor!
Well welcome to the site

But retire to that nippy state? *lol*...well if you can snag someone else to clear the snow in the winter, be all sorted..lovely stuff it is then
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
Besides, I'm quite capable of knowing what is humor and what is not and what is simply a bunch of jerks being rude, hostile, and anti-American. I've heard the old and lame excuse "I was simply being ironic" or it's "British humour mate," many times. Most reasonable people with manners and a modicum of intelligence know better.
Well people have asked, but you've yet to point out clearly what makes this forum anti-american....just whining about the way things are done, or that you can't get is not bashing the country.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

You have not read my posts or have not read them carefully enough. I have been quite clear. I can also clearly and easily distinguisgh between constructive and respectable criticism and anti-Americanism.
the same applies to yourself regarding not reading the comments carefully enough.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
to overtake the shining armour of Guinevere?
Memories.....brings a tear to my eye, that one.

You ought to close this thread as well Bobo....
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

[

Why are surprised to read that? Your last sentence is in accordance with what I wrote about a thread being censored, assuming you also wish to read about differences.
And what was censored? nothing was censored, thread being closed for argumentative behaviour is not the same as censoring posts.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by yorkie
If you will not apologise then I have no more to say to you, I will be taking up the very kind offer to place you on my ignore list - in all my time on the internet and forums i have never done this to anyone before, so you are honoured in being so intransigent and intolerant.
lucky you.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:30 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

And while it's all nice and peaceful, and I know this will only drag on into another pit of dispeace later, I shall now use my "censoring" powers to lock the thread