Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Advice from stay at home parents

Wikiposts

Advice from stay at home parents

Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:35 am
N99sea

naomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice from stay at home parents

Although I don't stay home, I made friends through my kid's gymnastics class at the local community center. Do they have PEPs groups in your area? Those are a great way to meet people, and they have groups for working families, as well as stay-at-home parents. Once your kid goes to pre-school and school the friendship circles will widen too.
Cheers, Naomi.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:14 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice from stay at home parents

Thanks for all your comments.
Just thought I'd give a little update to anyone that reads this.

We've had a lot of success with a local mom & baby group and with the Little Gym. She's actually stopped with the little gym for now as it's quite expensive and she's met some other Mum's who she goes and hangs out with without having to pay a fee! But it did the job in terms of allowing her to meet up with other like-minded parents with similarly aged kids.

She now has a bit more structure to her day/week which has really helped and a group of other SAHM's she can call on when she needs some adult conversation.

Also being able to go to the gym helps break up her day a bit too even if it is whilst exercising!

It's also getting easier now that he walks and is quite socially interactive with other children which makes it easier for her to talk to other parents in any given situation.