Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Advice sought on handling crappy employmer situation

Advice sought on handling crappy employmer situation

Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice sought on handling crappy employmer situation

Originally Posted by tonrob
She's not pregnant any more either. It's been a rough couple of weeks.
Sounds like another crappy company, she was working for.
Sorry to here, the sad news. Lets hope things, get better from this point on.
As they say, all these things are sent to try us.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:14 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Aww so sorry, give her a hug from me.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:58 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that..give her a big hug from me...
Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:01 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your kind words. It's been a roller-coaster for us, that's for sure, but we seem to be holding it together somehow. Nonetheless I'm still up and on BE before 5am on a Saturday morning which is indicative of how my brain won't switch off...
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the stress you both have been under with the upheaval at her place of employment and now for this to occur. Won't go into the platitudes of nature, blah, blah, blah.

There's something out there bigger and better for her. Collect her unemployment insurance and sit back and recuperate emotionally and physically and wait for spring.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry that you guys are having a rough time
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Do you have to be a citizen to get that ? of course I have my GC, was let go myself 3 weeks ago
!!! Sorry I didn't know that Vic

Sorry to hear that.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 11:28 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Update: Mrs tonrob's job finally went tits up today. They fired her saying that she hadn't passed a 90-day probationary period that apparently applied to everyone once the new company took over. She was only 25 days in and had never had an ounce of unfavourable feedback in the 15 months she's been there so that's basically bullshit...
Oh, and lo and behold - within a day they had advertised for a lower-responsibility lower-paid position to replace her - so the whole thing was just a cost cutting exercise that they masqueraded (at the last minute) as a performance issue.

I'm currently as mad as hell about this. Had never thought of legal action before but in this land of no-employee-rights would any attempt just be like pissing into the wind?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and lo and behold - within a day they had advertised for a lower-responsibility lower-paid position to replace her - so the whole thing was just a cost cutting exercise that they masqueraded (at the last minute) as a performance issue.

I'm currently as mad as hell about this. Had never thought of legal action before but in this land of no-employee-rights would any attempt just be like pissing into the wind?
Yes.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Had never thought of legal action before but in this land of no-employee-rights would any attempt just be like pissing into the wind?
My stepdaughter is an attorney and specializes in employee rights. Not sure what might come of it, but I'll ask her for her thoughts.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your kind words. It's been a roller-coaster for us, that's for sure, but we seem to be holding it together somehow. Nonetheless I'm still up and on BE before 5am on a Saturday morning which is indicative of how my brain won't switch off...
Sorry to hear about your losses. I know what you mean about the brain not shutting off, sometimes I don't think I get any sleep at night.