Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

advice required ,please ..

advice required ,please ..

Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:10 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice required ,please ..

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
I do believ that some of this stuff is called for.
Jim.
Many of these cases that is probably true.
But I know how demoralising it is to be passportless and moneyless in a foreign country, and people thinking you are pulling a scam. I got out of it with a mix of begging, selling my possessions and waiting for money from home and the kindness of strangers. I will give the benefit of doubt if all it costs is a few typed words.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Especially with the Sheboygan bit. Nobody goes willingly to Sheboygan do they?
I passed close by it on Saturday, en-route from Mackinaw City, MI, to the Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake, WI. Close call, though.

Jim.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

steve cross is an unknown quantity at this point

i had to come to this dump as my fiance had friends here ,i agree its grim here .thats one reason i want out of this country now .
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:14 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve cross
i had to come to this dump as my fiance had friends here ,i agree its grim here .thats one reason i want out of this country now .
OK, so call the Consulate, request an appointment to discuss emergency assistance, and get down to Chicago for the day with all your documentation.

No one is going to help you if you just sit in Sheboygan. You need to take action.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

If you have a genuine emergency, the call the Consulate and ask for an appointment, as per their instructions, and get down to Chicago and see them. Bring all your documentation and evidence that your passport was stolen.

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo.../urgent-travel

Why on earth did you go to Sheboygan? There is no organization that can help there.
all i got left is my british driving licence ,any body who thinks this is another scam can have my cell number to speak to me .
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:16 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

all i got left is my british driving licence ,any body who thinks this is another scam can have my cell number to speak to me .

No one here wants to call you - it wouldn't do anyone any good.

If you have a genuine emergency, call the Consulate and make an appointment.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:17 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so call the Consulate, request an appointment to discuss emergency assistance, and get down to Chicago for the day with all your documentation.

No one is going to help you if you just sit in Sheboygan. You need to take action.
and if they say 'no', then make a nuisance of yourself; everything short of them calling the police, no one likes an embarrassment. Things happen to be shot of embarrassments. And if you are destitute or close to it, you will not mind making an embarrassment of yourself either.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung
and if they say 'no', then make a nuisance of yourself; everything short of them calling the police, no one likes an embarrassment. Things happen to be shot of embarrassments. And if you are destitute or close to it, you will not mind making an embarrassment of yourself either.

Exactly.

Get the appointment.

Go in person.

Be clear, be truthful, be insistent.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:23 pm

Btw, documentation is not the same as documents.

Take your license, but also take anything that documents what happened in Florida, etc. Take your expired airline tickets. Etc. etc.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, documentation is not the same as documents.

Take your license, but also take anything that documents what happened in Florida, etc. Take your expired airline tickets. Etc. etc.
And a Police Report.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

i did report it to the police ,and they did not give me any police report .does that mean i cant get etd or a renewed passport here ?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 9:12 pm
He/him

i did report it to the police ,and they did not give me any police report .does that mean i cant get etd or a renewed passport here ?
Don't ask us, ask the consulate. (what is etd?)

If it was me I would not want a passport, I would hope I could be repatriated without the passport, as it will have to be handed back to them anyway, and it will just be something else added to your bill, to pay before you can get access to a passport again.

Last edited by kimilseung; Jun 12th 2012 at 9:35 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 9:29 pm
He/him

Between your first post and today you could have walked to the consulate at a very conservative rate of miles per day.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

as i posted before ,the consulate do not repatriat anybody ,they may loan some money towards getting home but not all of the price of emergency travel documents or flight out .i ask for advice on here and get skitty comments every time .. thanks for your help ..
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:04 pm
He/him

as i posted before ,the consulate do not repatriat anybody ,they may loan some money towards getting home but not all of the price of emergency travel documents or flight out .i ask for advice on here and get skitty comments every time .. thanks for your help ..
You have been given advice, have not done any of it and you are now being sarky with it. I give up pretending that you are not a troll.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.