Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

advice required ,please ..

advice required ,please ..

Old May 30th 2012, 5:51 am
Just Joined

steve cross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: advice required ,please ..

ok when we got kicked out in florida we got on a bus to sheboygan wisconsin within a week as my fiance is from there .florida is very expensive to stay in compared to here .we tried the police in florida who went to her mums home who then told the police a load of lies and am lead to believe that our things have been binned ? my contact in chicago consulate said i can buy a emergency travel document for $180 .but my flight to manchester is my concern ... im currently suffering with deppression as it is and im afraid of being stuck here ..my fiance is duel nationality british ,american but both passports have expired so has long wait here till sorted ..
Old May 30th 2012, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve cross
ok when we got kicked out in florida we got on a bus to sheboygan wisconsin within a week as my fiance is from there .florida is very expensive to stay in compared to here .we tried the police in florida who went to her mums home who then told the police a load of lies and am lead to believe that our things have been binned ? my contact in chicago consulate said i can buy a emergency travel document for $180 .but my flight to manchester is my concern ... im currently suffering with deppression as it is and im afraid of being stuck here ..my fiance is duel nationality british ,american but both passports have expired so has long wait here till sorted ..
Why did you not go to the British Consulate/Embassy as soon as this happened to get emergency travel documents in order to take your flight home on the 28 Feb?

You have had over 3 months to sort this out. A few days ago you were asking if there were any Brits in Sheboygan to meet up with!

Suggest you get family/friends to fund your flight home.
Old May 30th 2012, 6:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The nearest town to me has cops that are also ICE agents.
Your town was one of the few in that list though
Old May 31st 2012, 12:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... im currently suffering with deppression as it is and im afraid of being stuck here...
Honest to god, you sound like you're 15 years old and your mom spanked you. If you're an adult, take responsibility for your actions and act like an adult. You managed to get to the US... figure out how to get home. Over the course of the different threads you've started, you've been given several options... all you have to do is pick one and move forward with it.

I say this with all due respect, whining about the inequities of life isn't going to get you anywhere.

Ian
Old May 31st 2012, 4:24 am
Just Joined

thanks for that comment .that helps a lot ..
Old May 31st 2012, 4:31 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that comment .that helps a lot ..
Where are you now? If you go to the nearest international airport and ask for immigration, I bet they will help you get home. Does that help?
Old May 31st 2012, 4:35 am
Just Joined

im currently in sheboygan,wisconsin .i think the nearest international airport is chicago . thanks .
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

ok i have spoken to the british consulate in chicago ,they do not help anybody get home to the uk ,its our own responsibility to sort the etd money and flight home ... any more ideas ???
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

ok i have spoken to the british consulate in chicago ,they do not help anybody get home to the uk ,its our own responsibility to sort the etd money and flight home ... any more ideas ???
If you're that desperate you could get yourself deported...but you need to know the consequences first.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 11th 2012 at 5:57 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:55 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I have only known one person who has done this and they said they had to hassle the consulate for it to happen, it was not just a matter of asking, more insisting.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I have only known one person who has done this and they said they had to hassle the consulate for it to happen, it was not just a matter of asking, more insisting.
I'm sure Dean posted that in an emergency they will help but expect to be re-imbursed asap.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:59 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm sure Dean posted that in an emergency they will help but expect to be re-imbursed asap.
I think the problem is convincing them that it is an emergency and that you do not have any alternative sources. Just asking and leaving when they say 'no' does not seem to convince them.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe that some of this stuff is called for.

Jim.
Attached Thumbnails advice required ,please ..-troll-spray.png  

Last edited by Scouse Express; Jun 11th 2012 at 6:12 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:06 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a genuine emergency, the call the Consulate and ask for an appointment, as per their instructions, and get down to Chicago and see them. Bring all your documentation and evidence that your passport was stolen.

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo.../urgent-travel

Why on earth did you go to Sheboygan? There is no organization that can help there.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
I do believ that some of this stuff is called for.

Jim.
Especially with the Sheboygan bit. Nobody goes willingly to Sheboygan do they?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.