Reload this Page >

Advice (please) - L-1 Visas/ I-140 Petition

Advice (please) - L-1 Visas/ I-140 Petition

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

DivineAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Advice (please) - L-1 Visas/ I-140 Petition

Hi,

I am currently here in the US on an L-1 visa. My employer has filed the appropriate paperwork for my permanent residency and am at the final stage of filing the I-140 petition (after 4 years!)

I have come to hate my workplace for many reasons and each day just seems to get worse. It has become a living hell and I don't know how much longer I can stick it out.

I am aware that if my employment terminates then so does my L-1 but my question is do I have any options under the I-140 petition? Basically how long is it going to be before I can get the hell out of here without affecting my permanent residency and without having to give up this close to finish line and go home.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by DivineAngel; Feb 2nd 2005 at 10:32 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice (please) - L-1 Visas/ I-140 Petition

Originally Posted by DivineAngel

Hi,

I am currently here in the US on an L-1 visa. My employer has filed the appropriate paperwork for my permanent residency and am at the final stage of filing the I-140 petition (after 4 years!)

I have come to hate my workplace for many reasons and each day just seems to get worse. It has become a living hell and I don't know how much longer I can stick it out.

I am aware that if my employment terminates then so does my L-1 but my question is do I have any options under the I-140 petition? Basically how long is it going to be before I can get the hell out of here without affecting my permanent residency and without having to give up this close to finish line and go home.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You might get more responce if you ask this in the us visa section