British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   advice please... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/advice-please-627793/)

mummyof2 Aug 27th 2009 9:33 am

advice please...

Hi
Just thought i would post for some advice (thoughts) on our situation, Hubby and i are looking for ways to live and work in USA , Our circumstances are: We did live in USA for 3 years previously on second-ment (2003) due to hubby's job but his job brought us back to UK , he works on aerospace (supply chain manager), during our time living there we had our 2nd child there who now has dual nationality UK/USA. After our time living in USA for 3 years we really would like to go back and feel our future is there , my hubby's only sister now lives in USA on green cards as i understand it she can't sponsor us as not USA citizens and even then its a 10 yr wait... so we feel a bit stuck, we want to take our children back, so looked into jobs in hubbys company there but as its defense its really hard due to security clearances and the job he is on right now are not sending UK's over right now for any length of time. So feel a little trapped, trying to find a solution, any ideas? Feel like we are hitting a brick wall everywhere we turn, any advice would be grateful, thanks. :p

Noorah101 Aug 27th 2009 10:15 am

Re: advice please...

My only suggestion would be to read the Wiki Guide "Pulaski's Ways..." and see if you or hubby fits any of the visa types on the list. Those are the only ways into the USA.

In the meantime, when his sister becomes a USC, have her file an I-130 and get a place in line. Also, when 2nd USC child turns 21, have him/her also file an I-130 for you, to secure another place in line. Take advantage of whichever one becomes available first. Both long waits, probably, but better late than never.

Rene

Englishman in Eugene Aug 28th 2009 5:06 am

How did your husband's sister get her green card? Can you try the same route?

Is your husband particularly valued by his employers? Can he explain your desire to live and work in the US and ask them to alert him to any job opportunities that come up in the US? Are there any employers in the same field would might grant him a working visa for the length of time he would require to become a US Citizen himelf?

mummyof2 Aug 28th 2009 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Englishman in Eugene (Post 7882436)
How did your husband's sister get her green card? Can you try the same route?

Is your husband particularly valued by his employers? Can he explain your desire to live and work in the US and ask them to alert him to any job opportunities that come up in the US? Are there any employers in the same field would might grant him a working visa for the length of time he would require to become a US Citizen himelf?

hi thanks for the replies... Hubby's sister got her green card due to her hubby's job taken them over there 10 yrs ago he is very high up in company. We are thinking the only route for us possibly is with my hubby's work its a multi-national aerospace company might just have to push it more that way just frustrating as have been waiting 3 years already for a job to come up but none as yet. Thanks for your help