Reload this Page >

Advice on moving and working in the U.S

Advice on moving and working in the U.S

Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:35 am
Just Joined

dalboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on moving and working in the U.S

Hi people!

Just recently ive been thinking of moving to either the U.S or Australia to work permanently / ongoing.

I work in London at the mo and been doing I.T Support (range of I.T. skills acrued) for 3 years now with a Degree in Computing as well. I love my job, but other things in life are starting to cheese me off.

I love the U.S and never been australia so was thinking of doing what i am good at over there. I will be on my own so Ill have to sort accomodation out and apply for jobs before hand.

Was wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat

i was thinking are there any agencies that can help you find jobs AND accomodation?

Thanks guys and great forum BTW
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:20 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on moving and working in the U.S

Hi and welcome

You are not the first person to post something like this. The starting point in your search is this:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

All other things are on hold until you can find a way into the US.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say the best thing you could do, after having read the ways described by Penguin 6 above, is change your work field to something sought after here, such as nursing.

There are millions upon millions of IT support people in the US - they have no requirement for foriegners in that field unless there is something you can do that no-one in the US can.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

dalboy is an unknown quantity at this point

cool ok guys thanks a lot
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:53 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a BSc in Computer Science and are in IT, you might well be able to get permanent residence in New Zealand without stepping foot in the place first!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dalboy
i was thinking are there any agencies that can help you find jobs AND accomodation?
nope....and don't bother with accommodation until you find an employer willing to sponsor you, but best bet, work some place that could lead to a company transfer after a couple years if your really interested in the US.