Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Advanced Parole questions (please help!)

Advanced Parole questions (please help!)

Old Oct 31st 2001, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a K1 visa holder, recently married, with my adjustment of status and renewal employment authorization applications submitted to the INS.

My company want to send me back to the UK to visit the main factory there which is great! Is this a legitimate reason to apply for advanced parole? Can I apply even though I don't yet have the receipt (and therefore no case number) for my AOS? How long does an AP document take to arrive? They want me to go over there ASAP!

Any other advice / information would be greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 31st 2001, 9:28 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future
Default receipt needed

Jeremai-
Unfortunetly, you will have to wait until you get your receipt from Vermont (since you are in Baltimore) before you can apply for advance parole. It took us about 2-1/4 months to get our receipt from the time we sent the AOS packet in. Once you get the receipt, you can go right down to the Baltimore INS office and get it the same day. I'm sure a "business trip" is a legitimate reason to get one, provided your residence is here and your primary work location is here.
Good luck,
Beth
Old Oct 31st 2001, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you!

That's interesting to know that I can get it the same day at Baltimore. Thanks.
Old Nov 4th 2001, 5:21 am
Shelley

You don't have to worry about a 'legitimate reason" for AP - as has been mentioned
many times in this NG, nearly everyone who applies is granted multiple entry AP, with
reasons like visiting family, business travel, going on honeymoon. Take Care. Shelley

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >