Reload this Page >

Advance Parole in NYC

Advance Parole in NYC

Old Oct 17th 2002, 9:03 pm
spg
Forum Regular

spg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advance Parole in NYC

I have appointment for Advanced Parole in NY city.
Can someone tell me what to expect in interview. ( filed for I-130)
Old Oct 17th 2002, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

desusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advance Parole in NYC

Originally posted by spg:
I have appointment for Advanced Parole in NY city.
Can someone tell me what to expect in interview. ( filed for I-130)
I had my appointment in August. I arrived at the security outside the building about a quarter of an hour before the time on my letter (as it requests) and was allowed through and up to the correct floor. The room was easy to find- there were lot's of signs pointing to the room numbers and as I entered the waiting room gave my letter to the security guard seated at the door and sat down. I noticed he waited until he had a handful of letters then proceeded to the counter area and handed them in. After about an 45 minutes to an hour I heard my name called to window 3 with a number of other names and went to the end of a short line that had formed. When I got to the front, I was asked to present my passport ID which he barely looked at and check the details on the form they gave me to make sure they were correct. I believe I signed another form and he gave me the AP (2 copies, one with my photo and one without but both had an official stamp and signature). To be honest I can't remember if I gave my photos to the security guard or to the man behind the counter (2 photos were requested on my appt. letter on top of the ones I sent with the application) but either way there was no problem and by the time my name was called the processing was very quick.
There were no questions asked and it couldn't really be described as an interview as I really only showed ID and signed my name.
Good Luck with yours.