Reload this Page >

Advance Parole issues

Advance Parole issues

Old Oct 14th 2002, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

desusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advance Parole issues

Hi,
My US spouse and I are looking to take a trip to my home country Australia in December. At the moment it is for 5 weeks but we are thinking of perhaps extending it a little longer if possible. I know that there is never a guarentee of re-entry even with the correct advance parole documents but how long would be considered 'too long' to be away? I have not yet had my AOS interview and my adjustment is still pending. I do have my AP documents valid for one year as of July. Would it make any difference returning within a couple of months of the AP expiring? Of course I know it is a risk but has anyone experience with returning after 3 months away? Is 6 months considered excessive? If anyone has experiences could you also tell me which POE you returned through? I read below a warning to stay away from LAX in terms of a re-entry issue. Although this was different to mine, is there something particularly strict about LAX?
Thanks for your help.