Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Advance parole

Advance parole

Old Jul 1st 2002, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Heidi T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advance parole

My husband and I went to Mexico for the day. We crossed the boarder at Matamoros . I have a Advance parole but they didn`t stamp my passport or the paper work. Are they suppose to that? I don`t want INS to think that I am still in Mexico.

When coming back to USA ,I had to hand in my arrival paper .
Was I suppose to get another arrival paper at the boarder?

I am worried now that when I go to visted my famliy in Australia at the end of the year .I will not have any papers to hand in when I leave the USA .

I am still waitiing for my AOS.It has been a year now that we file the paperwork. So I don`t want to have any trouble . I just don`t want it to delay my AOS or be denial because of crossing the boarder and not getting my stamp.
Thankyou for any advise.
Heidi
Old Jul 1st 2002, 3:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advance parole

Don't have a clue what you mean by arrival paper.

The normal procedure when a pending PR leaves the US is that at the POE (sometimes) their advance parole is looked at to make sure that they have documentation that will allow them to re-enter the US. It is upon re-enty to the US that the examiner takes the A/P and passport, takes out the old I-94 if it is still there, puts a new I-94 in the passport and on the A/P and perhaps takes one copy of the A/P for their files and you are entered back into the US.

How many entries was your A/P good for if A/P is would you mean by arrival papers? If only good for entry, then they were correct to take it from you I suppose. Since you are waiting over a year for AOS, what dates were/is your A/P good for? Perhaps you need to apply for another one?

Rete
Old Jul 1st 2002, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Heidi T is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou for your reply. The arrival papers meaning 1-94.
My A/P still has 6 months l. And I can use my A/P more then one time.
So I didn`t get a new 1-94 . They said I didn`t need one. All they did was look at .

Thankyou again Rete

Heidi T
Old Jul 1st 2002, 4:20 pm
Andy Platt

"Heidi T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My husband and I went to Mexico for the day. We crossed the boarder at Matamoros .
    > I have a Advance parole but they didn`t stamp my passport or the paper work. Are
    > they suppose to that? I don`t want INS to think that I am still in Mexico.

You should have surrendered your current I-94 if you had one but that's not a big
deal.

> When coming back to USA ,I had to hand in my arrival paper . Was I suppose to get
    > another arrival paper at the boarder?

What do you mean by "arrival paper"? You should have handed over a filled out I-94
and the AP paperwork. If you had a multiple entry AP they should have returned at
least the main copy to you (with the photo) stamped. You can then re-use this again.
They should have stamped the I-94 and your passport.

You need to clarify *precisely* what AP paperwork you had, what the INS took and what
you are left with so we can help further.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Jul 1st 2002, 5:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Heidi

You clarified part of the post but I am confused when you said they did not take the I-94 from you and then later on you said they did but did not give you a new one.

In either case, I can't see where you will have a problem with leaving the US for Australia and returning to the US. Your advance parole is still current and valid and often people have had their I-94's removed from their passport by INS and travel outside the US the first time without a prior I-94 in their passport.

As for your day trip out of the US, what you encountered seems to me to be typical of the crossing between Mexico and the US. They scream bloody murder about the illegals and spend 2/3's of the border budget on this border but allow people back and forth each day with only a nod.

Rete
Old Jul 1st 2002, 7:20 pm
Andy Platt

Had you used AP before? If your I-94 is already for an AP trip and you just make
brief trips to Mexico or Canada, you don't need a new I-94.

In any case, as Rita said, so long as you still have the AP documents you will be
fine for your trip to Australia.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "Heidi T"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thankyou for your reply. The arrival papers meaning 1-94. My A/P still has 6 months
    > l. And I can use my A/P more then one time. So I didn`t get a new 1-94 . They said
    > I didn`t need one. All they did was look at .
    >
    > Thankyou again Rete
    >
    > Heidi T
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com