Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

advance parole

advance parole

Old Oct 14th 2001, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

john&laila is an unknown quantity at this point

can somone please help..the waiting for advance parole is between 80/90 days...nyc... i need to go back to the uk mid nov the latest...have only just recieved my yellow slip..if i wait the 90 days it will take me into the new year... what chances do i have if i went to the ins in person...please advice...
Old Oct 14th 2001, 9:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Whether or not you have applied for A/P already, if the trip is a necessity I would take the tickets to NYC INS in person and see if they will issue the A/P in person. Take a copy of the application you filed, another photograph for insurance, another check for $95 and have a go of it. However, my only caution would be to wait until closer to the end of October to allow them to get fully back on their feet.

Rita
Old Oct 15th 2001, 12:21 am
Nyjazz

John & Laila, I had the same problem and solved it by visiting the INS office.
However, this was before 9/11. Having filed by mail, they accepted us while they
looked up status and then processed the AP while we waited. When we got home from the
office the appointment notice was in the mail.

If you visit, be sure to bring your filing receipts for AP and original AOS receipt
-- Copies .. they want copies. You should also be prepared with a reason why they
should expedite your request. (family illnesses or emergencies are understood better
than other reasons). Be prepared to wait a long time too.

After 9/11, I understand they are more strict and procedures may have changed. --
e.g. only allowing appointments.

Ron

john&laila <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 15th 2001, 12:48 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Nyjazz
However, this was before 9/11. Having filed by mail, they accepted us while they
looked up status and then processed the AP while we waited. When we got home from the

If you visit, be sure to bring your filing receipts for AP and original AOS receipt
-- Copies .. they want copies. You should also be prepared with a reason why they
should expedite your request. (family illnesses or emergencies are understood better

After 9/11, I understand they are more strict and procedures may have changed. --
e.g. only allowing appointments.
many thanks for your reply

Ron

>
    >
    >
    >
Old Oct 15th 2001, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rete
Whether or not you have applied for A/P already, if the trip is a necessity I would take the tickets to NYC INS in person and see if they will issue the A/P in person. Take a copy of the application you filed, another photograph for insurance, another check for $95 and have a go of it. However, my only caution would be to wait until closer to the end of October to allow them to get fully back on their feet.

Rita

thanks rita for your reply....
Old Oct 15th 2001, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by john&laila
Originally posted by Nyjazz

e.g. only allowing appointme

thanks for your reply ron

Ron

>
    >
    >
    >