Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Adult Store Opening in Your Neighborhood- Concerned?

Wikiposts

Adult Store Opening in Your Neighborhood- Concerned?

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:40 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adult Store Opening in Your Neighborhood- Concerned?

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I don't care if people I know see my going in there. In fact, it'd be funny to bump into people I know.
Give 'em a copy of this so they know how to behave.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/ral/877200282.html
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:50 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Rete;7002780]It is a Romantic Depot? If so, they are a chain and very low key. We have two within short driving distance of us and whenever I drive by there are few cars in the lot and the ones that are there are not junkers.

No, it's a NC headquartered chain called Adam and Eve. Original name, isn't it?
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:58 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

If you were in my shoes, would you be concerned about this adult store?
depends - will they be doing some kind of grand opening shindig with freebies for the locals like the new Chipotle Grill near my office had last week?

btw: what kind of shoes are we talking about?
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

If we got one around here I would not be concerned, I would be amazed.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 5:20 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
btw: what kind of shoes are we talking about?
Transparent high heel platforms, a pair of fish net stockings and open crotch panties
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

The first time Keith visited me, I accidentally took him into a store in the mall that sold some adult stuff

That was a chain, and not hardcore at all - I wouldn't mind having that nearby in the slightest.

Once, however (after knowing each other a bit better ) we went into a standalone adult store in Indiana. That was very creepy - not the merchandise, but the attitude, and the type of customers. The customers were very very creepy. I would not be eager to have that nearby at all.

I think they key is what type of clientele they cater to.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
The first time Keith visited me, I accidentally took him into a store in the mall that sold some adult stuff

That was a chain, and not hardcore at all - I wouldn't mind having that nearby in the slightest.

Once, however (after knowing each other a bit better ) we went into a standalone adult store in Indiana. That was very creepy - not the merchandise, but the attitude, and the type of customers. The customers were very very creepy. I would not be eager to have that nearby at all.

I think they key is what type of clientele they cater to.
They would never open one here. The locals are content with pole dancing.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 12:12 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

If you were in my shoes, would you be concerned about this adult store?
we have 2 that i know of about a mile away from here, infact two have just closed down.....i'm only concerned if a neighbour spots me lurking 'cause my neighbours are ever so prim and proper
Old Nov 24th 2008, 12:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I visited an adult shop a few months back and it was quite a different experience to visiting one in London and elsewhere in the US. The one I visited, on the Durham/Chapel Hill border, had a turnstile like entrance after you came through the front door. In addition, they carded me before I could start perusing Just before that occurred, I had noticed a sign saying they check ID for anyone under 21...

There's one like that on our way to the summer cottage and we stopped once for a browse. Had the turnstile entrance and was quite low keyed and the patrons didn't look or act strange. Lots of truckers though.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

amazes me. They start a petition up over something so trivial. If half of them had a good bonk they wouldnt be such prudes. You can find Great stocking fillers for the stuck up witch at work.

Sex is the most normal thing in the world. In our town they went nuts at a nude badly made statue of a man. Now if i knew anyone with a penis like the one portrayed in this statue i would have taken him to the ER!

We should do a poll who has or hasnt frequented a sex shop.. I actually went to a sex toy party a few weeks ago. How things have evolved. there are things attached that wiggle, and buzz .. and what pretty colours. And the clothing goes to 3x..... hey not the ann summers size extra small!! Oh and these rings with what looked like teeth in them. I got to get that mag out again.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so I don't know how true this story is. But rumor has it that when an adult store, Hustler's, opened in Monroe, Ohio, the local churches were all ticked off. So in retribution, apparently one of the church's fundraised to build this statue - which is quite clearly seen from I-75.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/9786

Otherwise known as 'Touchdown Jesus' and is the subject of a song entitled 'Big Butter Jesus' by comedian Heywood Banks.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Ok, so I don't know how true this story is. But rumor has it that when an adult store, Hustler's, opened in Monroe, Ohio, the local churches were all ticked off. So in retribution, apparently one of the church's fundraised to build this statue - which is quite clearly seen from I-75.

Otherwise known as 'Touchdown Jesus' and is the subject of a song entitled 'Big Butter Jesus' by comedian Heywood Banks.
'The pond has been filled, and the landscaping completed, making the giant Jesus appear as if rising from the waters."

Looks to me like he's drowning
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13

What a total waste. Just think how many people they could have helped with the money they raised.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Janek66
What a total waste. Just think how many people they could have helped with the money they raised.
That's an excellent point really.

I am always amazed, when I look at the huge and elaborate churches...
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
That's an excellent point really.

I am always amazed, when I look at the huge and elaborate churches...
Totally agree. I had to drive past that thing everyday for about 2 years, and I always shook my head at the waste of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.