Adnams!

Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

bfrederi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adnams!

It's been a few years since I've lived in London, but I can still taste the sweet taste of Adnams beer. I'm living in New York and was wondering if anyone knew of any place in the city to get this fine beer?

Cheers!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adnams!

As far as I know, Broadside and SSB are imported to the US, Shelton Brothers are the importers. www.sheltonbrothers.com. If you go to the distribution section and click New York state there is a list of stores and bars that their beer is distributed to. There is also the regional distributors listed so you can check with the ones closest to you to see which beers go where.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 1:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about NY, but I've seen the beer around a few places here in MA, the BBC was one of the bars that have it on tap.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:32 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I used to love a pint of Adnams... The bad thing about all of this is that the beers that many love and remember are lovely cask conditioned beers served down at their local - unpasteurized and unfiltered (just as God intended) and with great mouthfeel and complex depth in flavour.

To sup some kegged, fizzy imported version seems like merely drinking a cardboard cut-out of the great beer you remembered.

OP - have you branched out into the wild and wonderful world of US craft brewing? It took me a while to jump on board but there are a thousand US beers I'd sup before any British import. And, back home on UK soil, they can all be forgotten about as only cask ale will do. Drink local.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get it in bottles.

Ditto the keg stuff, nasty.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 9:54 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
You can get it in bottles.

Ditto the keg stuff, nasty.
Even bottled British stuff is miles away from a pint pulled from a cask though.