British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Adminstrative Review (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/adminstrative-review-111073/)

Zoomslady Sep 6th 2002 12:06 pm

Adminstrative Review

:( good day! my visa application was placed under administrative review and i was also asked for two other documents, the police certificate since I stayed out of the country for five years (In italy) and a letter explaining how we met, my fiance' and I. The italian embassy couldn't help but give me an address in Rome where I should file this request and after almost $200 and three attempts we got the certificate going. Last sept. 6 upon following the advise of a customer service associate of the US embassy I went to the embassy to submit my letter and inform them that the certificate will be mailed directly to them. I was hoping that I would be able to speak to a consul incharge of my case, but no, I went as far as window X, and went home disappointed. She didn't even bothered to look at the documents I had but said that we will send you a letter or the visa when we get your clearance. I just hope these people inside the embassy would realized that, no matter what the intention of the people on cue to get a visa, needs to be treated politely and courteously. We are in the mercy of these people for our own happiness. I am marrying my fiance because I love him no matter what the circumstances that brought us together. I hope they know that.
Oh, sorry for the long intro...but how long does the admistrative review would take? We want to get married on October 12, coz it marks the day heasked me to marry him. I think it won't happen.
I would appreciate to hear from someone with similar case coz its draining me emotionally.:confused:

Mrtravel Sep 6th 2002 3:29 pm

Re: Adminstrative Review

Zoomslady wrote:
    > :( good day! my visa application was placed under administrative review
    > :and i was also asked for two other documents, the police certificate :since I
    > stayed out of the country for five years (In italy) and a :letter explaining how we
    > met, my fiance' and I

Do they have the police clearance? Nothing in your post indicated this.

What do you expect them to do while they wait for it?

Zoomslady Sep 6th 2002 10:43 pm

Originally posted by Mrtravel:
Zoomslady wrote:
    > :( good day! my visa application was placed under administrative review
    > :and i was also asked for two other documents, the police certificate :since I
    > stayed out of the country for five years (In italy) and a :letter explaining how we
    > met, my fiance' and I

Do they have the police clearance? Nothing in your post indicated this.

What do you expect them to do while they wait for it?
You are right, I didn't write that. No they don't have the clearnce yet from italy. We were told that it will take 4 months to get the clearance, so are you saying that putting our application on administrative review was due to the lack of these documents. Thanks for taking time to answer my queries. I would like to truly enlighten by this situation.
Thanks

Rete Sep 6th 2002 10:53 pm

Originally posted by Zoomslady:

You are right, I didn't write that. No they don't have the clearnce yet from italy. We were told that it will take 4 months to get the clearance, so are you saying that putting our application on administrative review was due to the lack of these documents. Thanks for taking time to answer my queries. I would like to truly enlighten by this situation.
Thanks
That is correct. They are waiting for the Italian police clearance certificate and your submission of proof of your meeting and relationship with your fiancee. Until they receive both these items which they requested, your case will not be reviewed.

My suggestion is that you make another day of the year a special day by getting married on that day. Thus you will have two special days to commenorate, the engagement date and the wedding date.

Rete

Zoomslady Sep 6th 2002 11:01 pm

Originally posted by Rete:

That is correct. They are waiting for the Italian police clearance certificate and your submission of proof of your meeting and relationship with your fiancee. Until they receive both these items which they requested, your case will not be reviewed.

My suggestion is that you make another day of the year a special day by getting married on that day. Thus you will have two special days to commenorate, the engagement date and the wedding date.

Rete
Thanks a lot. I have submitted the proof of the how our relationship was started, they just need the police clearance. Although I gave them copies of my "permit to stay" and "residence certificate" and a certificate where I lived in Italy, I was in a convent all those time. Thanks once again.

Zoomslady Sep 8th 2002 2:16 am

Originally posted by Zoomslady:

Thanks a lot. I have submitted the proof of the how our relationship was started, they just need the police clearance. Although I gave them copies of my "permit to stay" and "residence certificate" and a certificate where I lived in Italy, I was in a convent all those time. Thanks once again.
:confused: How long does an administrative review usually takes? And does an administrative review leads to a denial of application?