ADIT pics

Old Jul 21st 2002, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADIT pics

Hi everyone...

I am in the UK. I took my ADIT pics for the K1 petition at a local photo studio. The image is about the same size at a passport pic. I did the 3/4 pose and it all looked fine. But the image is 27mm from hair to just below the neck (I have very short hair!), and 21.5 mm from right ear to left cheek. These measurements are shorter than what the INS say the image should be (30mm and 26mm).

Is my pic too small? Do I have to take it again? I ask, as my USC fiancee says she took her ADIT pics near the INS centre in Missouri and her pics are a bit bigger than mine.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 9:20 am
Mrtravel@Sbcglo

Default Re: ADIT pics

Karib wrote:
    >
    > Hi everyone...
    >
    > I am in the UK. I took my ADIT pics for the K1 petition at a local photo studio.
    > The image is about the same size at a passport pic. I did the
    > 3/4 pose and it all looked fine. But the image is 27mm from hair to just below the
    > neck (I have very short hair!), and 21.5 mm from right ear to left cheek. These
    > measurements are shorter than what the INS say the image should be (30mm and
    > 26mm).
    >
    > Is my pic too small? Do I have to take it again? I ask, as my USC fiancee says she
    > took her ADIT pics near the INS centre in Missouri and her pics are a bit bigger
    > than mine.

Well, do you feel lucky? If they are the wrong sizel, they might be refused or they
might let them go. If I had a doubt, I would redo it.

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

I agree with the previous poster, the process is stressful enough
without worrying about whether your photos are large enough when you send in your petition or go for your interview.
For the petition, I sent in ordinary passports photos and they were OK, however for the interview, I suggest you go to a studio,
and take with you the instructions that you get with your Packet 4
It clearly states Visa photos.
The reason they want the overall picture larger is to give you room to sign them at the interview, which is a bit difficult to do when there is no space.
Mine were the exact dimensions the INS requested (although I have read on here that passport photos have been accpted at the interview) why take the risk ?
Anything to make the Consulate officials happy and their lives easier, will help them give you your visa.
If you go to somewhere like Supersnaps or Snappy Snaps, they are well versed in exactly what you need.
And then that is another "item" in the process that you won't
have to worry about.

Good luck
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 1:20 pm
Ameriscot

Those measurements are quite a bit shorter than the spec, so I would be inclined to
get new ones. If you had them done at a studio to specification, they should replace
them without any problems.

"Karib" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone...
    >
    > I am in the UK. I took my ADIT pics for the K1 petition at a local photo
studio. The image is about the same size at a passport pic. I did the 3/4 pose and it
all looked fine. But the image is 27mm from hair to just below the neck (I have very
short hair!), and 21.5 mm from right ear to left cheek. These measurements are
shorter than what the INS say the image should be (30mm and 26mm).
    >
    > Is my pic too small? Do I have to take it again?

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 9:20 am
Marjeta

Karib <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi everyone...
    >
    > I am in the UK. I took my ADIT pics for the K1 petition at a local photo studio.
    > The image is about the same size at a passport pic. I did the
    > 3/4 pose and it all looked fine. But the image is 27mm from hair to just below the
    > neck (I have very short hair!), and 21.5 mm from right ear to left cheek. These
    > measurements are shorter than what the INS say the image should be (30mm and
    > 26mm).
    >
    > Is my pic too small? Do I have to take it again? I ask, as my USC fiancee says she
    > took her ADIT pics near the INS centre in Missouri and her pics are a bit bigger
    > than mine.
    >
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    >

I was worrying about my ADIT pictures but I decided to give it a shot because it's
really hard to find someone here (Europe) that would do that type of pics. Mine is
28mm from chin to the top of the head and 21mm from right ear to left cheek, so
actually I think you're safe. We got approved no problem on July 10. It's also less
of a 3/4 view than the one on the form, but it shows the right ear - I think that's
important. It is almost impossible to make an exact dimensional picture because of
people's different facial features. The most important thing is that it fits inside
the box on the INS specification form, as long as it's not TOO small. I think the
size you stated is still in the limits of acceptability.