Adit Photos

Old Oct 18th 2002, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

teessider is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Adit Photos

Hello there,I'm popping my cherry here so don't bite.
You know these ADIT photos, do we have to cut them down to size before my fiance sends them to the California INS or can we send them as they are and they will cut them down?
Thanks for any help.
Cheers,Teessider
Old Oct 18th 2002, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adit Photos

Originally posted by teessider:
Hello there,I'm popping my cherry here so don't bite.
You know these ADIT photos, do we have to cut them down to size before my fiance sends them to the California INS or can we send them as they are and they will cut them down?
Thanks for any help.
Cheers,Teessider
Hi:

I assume you are talking about either an I-129F or an I-130 for your beloved overseas. The INS is NOT, repeat NOT too picky about the photo specs on the visa petitions. The only reason those photos are there is to prevent "ringers" being used. They stay in the file. Where INS DOES get picky is for the photos used in the adjustment application or the entry on an immigrant visa -- those photos are used in the generation of the I-551 green card -- the I-551 is supposed to be such a high security document that the machines producing them are picky.

Lets put it this way, I've never seen out-of-spec photos delay an adjudication. At most they have delayed actual issuance of the evidence of status which is the I-551 card.
Old Oct 18th 2002, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Adit Photos

Originally posted by Folinskyinla:

Hi:

I assume you are talking about either an I-129F or an I-130 for your beloved overseas. The INS is NOT, repeat NOT too picky about the photo specs on the visa petitions. The only reason those photos are there is to prevent "ringers" being used. They stay in the file. Where INS DOES get picky is for the photos used in the adjustment application or the entry on an immigrant visa -- those photos are used in the generation of the I-551 green card -- the I-551 is supposed to be such a high security document that the machines producing them are picky.

Lets put it this way, I've never seen out-of-spec photos delay an adjudication. At most they have delayed actual issuance of the evidence of status which is the I-551 card.
Thanks Folinskyinla for that info that will put our minds at rest now.Well in saying that,this,that and the other will I dare say something else will stress us out.Only joking.Thanks again,Teessider
Old Oct 19th 2002, 6:41 pm
Freedomtrail

So, could you do this on glossy photo paper on a decent resolution inkjet
printer and use a razor blade to cut them out perfectly? It would take an
extremely close viewing to see that it wan't a chemical photograph, but
instead a digital photograph printed out. I also assume there are printers
at copy places that actually have even higher resolution and you could do it
that way. I have heard here that someone did submit all their AOS paperwork
with inkjet ADIT photos and they were accepted. What do you think?

-f

Old Oct 19th 2002, 9:02 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Geez, small world, I'm from Middlesbrough too Living in New York with my missus atm, waiting for adjustment.

When myself and my wife got our ADIT photos taken, we didn't cut them down, as their overall dimensions were about the same as that specified in the INS documents, plus the distance from chin to head was ok.

I think it would be supendously petty and beaurocratic of them to send a full application back because the photos were 4mm over-spec. If any are the wrong size, I'm sure someone will take a minute and a pair of scissors to them.

Good luck too :P
Old Oct 21st 2002, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Nathan for that bit of info and all the best to you and your missus.BTW,it's pouring down in the Boro.Teessider(Chris)
Originally posted by nathan barley:
Geez, small world, I'm from Middlesbrough too Living in New York with my missus atm, waiting for adjustment.

When myself and my wife got our ADIT photos taken, we didn't cut them down, as their overall dimensions were about the same as that specified in the INS documents, plus the distance from chin to head was ok.

I think it would be supendously petty and beaurocratic of them to send a full application back because the photos were 4mm over-spec. If any are the wrong size, I'm sure someone will take a minute and a pair of scissors to them.

Good luck too :P
Old Oct 21st 2002, 10:47 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by teessider:
.BTW,it's pouring down in the Boro.Teessider(Chris)
Heheh, sunny and a cool 12 degrees C here, the 'monsoons' (thankyou mexican gulf tropical storms) have gone