Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Adds that make you see red?

Wikiposts

Adds that make you see red?

Old Dec 13th 2004, 2:04 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adds that make you see red?

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
BTW- I heard that TIVO will now eliminate the function where you can record without adverts. Sounds like the death of TIVO is imminent. I thought one of the major benefits of TIVO was that you didn't get adverts in recordings...

NC Penguin
They're not eliminating it, they are just adding ad banners to the system. So when the ads are removed when recording shows, a pop-up banner will appear briefly with an ad when you play it back.

It's a way for them to make commercial chaps happy.

I agree though, this may see the end of something that was a great idea.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 2:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
"I'm fifty and I can wear a bikini" - you have a huge pool, a house the size of kentucky and more plastic than my honda and you think its because of boflex? Come to the beach where I live next summer - fifty year old women are not afraid to wear bikinis - you may never get an erection again if you look at them though!

<snip>

The gimmicky beer commercials - Fresh beer, cold brewed beer - it doesnt ****ing matter - it still tastes like piss!
Now there's an image...and how the **** can a teacher afford a house that big? dodgy side business or somin'?

And beer adds, yeah, they are bad, and wtf with the bud and miller adds being the same and taking the piss out of each other? there both shite.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 2:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
BTW- I heard that TIVO will now eliminate the function where you can record without adverts. Sounds like the death of TIVO is imminent. I thought one of the major benefits of TIVO was that you didn't get adverts in recordings...
Some new law saying they had to do it, but with it, you can just press a button to then go skip the adds, but it's mostly pop-up adds that they show...or hack the box....but that'll void the warranty and be naughty...
Old Dec 13th 2004, 2:31 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
The current Christmas ad for Coca cola ... everyones drinking it out of bottles, someone even gets a bottle out of a coke machine. We havent seen coca cola in bottles for years !
Oh and that Old Navy Christmas ad Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Jan
They sell the bottle Coca-Cola at my local WalMart. I prefer the bottles, they don't have that "tin" taste to them.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 2:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by rincewind
They sell the bottle Coca-Cola at my local WalMart. I prefer the bottles, they don't have that "tin" taste to them.
Bloomin' expensive though...not seen them as much either...but then don't go to wally world, nearest one is 45 mins away either direction *l*
Old Dec 13th 2004, 3:01 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Bob
Bloomin' expensive though...not seen them as much either...but then don't go to wally world, nearest one is 45 mins away either direction *l*
Some gas stations have them but they are not as popular. I grab them when I can though as I don't mind paying a little extra for a better taste.

Wally World. For years I thought that was a made up place (thanks to Chevy Chase and Vacation) but when I got here, I find out it's real
Old Dec 13th 2004, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

The Comcast ad for video email, I just can't stand the guy in the advert.

The "Pepto-Bismol" ad, I won't repeat it on here, just in case your eating.

-tom
Old Dec 13th 2004, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Arrrrghhhh!!!!!

I hate that crap.

Mind you, Corti-Slim with Dr Greg C Namone (or whatever the hell his name is) is pissing me off too.
Yep and just about any pharmecutical ad you can find. They sound so sincere, makes me want to barf.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 3:44 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Wally World. For years I thought that was a made up place (thanks to Chevy Chase and Vacation) but when I got here, I find out it's real
And a scary world they are too....
Old Dec 13th 2004, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen the smaller bottles in packs of 4 but never those huge bottles they show on the ad and in crates too !!!
Old Dec 13th 2004, 4:32 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
I've seen the smaller bottles in packs of 4 but never those huge bottles they show on the ad and in crates too !!!
You're right there. I haven't seen the crates either. I wonder if they may stock them in Sams??
Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:19 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this one counts, but the BBC America advert that starts off with the Queen saying "They say ones cows are mad..." is bloody annoying. Especially as it seems like every BBC video I've got has that ad on them, thank God for the skip option on my DVD player.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:47 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

There is an advert for and Adult ADHD drug called Stratera I think.

side effects include, upset stomach, diarrhea, sexual side effects, anal bleeding, chronic depression, suicidal tendencies, lowering of immune ststem.
Do not take if you are pregnant, going to be pregnant, have been pregnant, high blood pressure, have a pulse, are HIV+, might have HIV, know someone with HIV, or if you live in Detroit.
Ask you doctor if Stratera is right for you.

I mean FFS, ADHD isn't that bad is it?
Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:52 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
There is an advert for and Adult ADHD drug called Stratera I think.

side effects include, upset stomach, diarrhea, sexual side effects, anal bleeding, chronic depression, suicidal tendencies, lowering of immune ststem.
Do not take if you are pregnant, going to be pregnant, have been pregnant, high blood pressure, have a pulse, are HIV+, might have HIV, know someone with HIV, or if you live in Detroit.
Ask you doctor if Stratera is right for you.

Might be bad for the partners and family of adult ADHD sufferers....

Ooh! Just noticed the dig at Detroit

NC Penguin
Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:57 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Manc
Cut out the caffeine and sugar and you should be okay. Saves getting the squits on Stratera.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.