British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Address for Medical - London (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/address-medical-london-106443/)

D4YTR1PPER Jan 29th 2002 1:43 pm

Hello,

The US embassy didn't include the medical or payment slip in my Packet 4. They have since sent the forms (arrived today, interview tomorrow) but there is no mention of where the medical takes place. I know it is on or around Berkely street but does anyone have the exact address. Do all K-1 visa medicals take place there?? Is there anything else on the medical information form that I should know??

Thanks in advance for any replies,

George

PriZm Jan 29th 2002 2:31 pm

Dr. Michael Phelan
US Embassy Panel Physician
53 Great Cumberland Place

Its really quite easy to find, just walk up the road from Marble Arch tube station its on the left hand side of street very near the end, probably a 5 minute walk.

Hope this helps,
James.

(Did the whole I-130/IR-1 visa thing last September)

Kay Jan 29th 2002 5:56 pm

As you stand looking at Dr Phelans front door, Madonna has bought the house next door
to the left!

Kay (k3 in Oklahoma)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>

britcitusa Jan 29th 2002 6:18 pm

No,mine was on Harley Street.

Duncanw Jan 29th 2002 6:21 pm

Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I am trying to contact some English people
living in Japan who may want to put me and two of my friends up during the World
Cup in June.

We have tickets to the three England games and are willing to swap one ticket for
each game for accomodation for the three of us. So far, we have already had an offer
to stay in Sapporo for the Argentina game, but we are also looking for someone to put
us up in Tokyo and/or Osaka for the Sweden and Nigeria games.

We are 3 young graduate professional men wih no previous convictions!!

Please contact me if you think you might be able to put us up for a few days in
return for a ticket or want to ask me any questions. My name is Duncan Worth and my
email address is [email protected]

Cheers, Dunc

--

Andy Platt Jan 29th 2002 6:43 pm

This is probably a better question for alt.visa.us but I don't believe there is any
issue with you getting divorced once you have your GC. There are specific laws to do
with divorce but they are only relevant for marriage to a US citizen.

Having said that, I - and others in this newsgroup - are not that familiar with
employment-based GCs and, as I mentioned, you should ask in alt.visa.us.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Michael Voight Jan 29th 2002 7:31 pm

ctbound wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

The PR status would be permanent. I doubt there is a set "time to stay married" like
the CPR status for marriage based immigrants. However, the marriage up to the point
of you getting the PR status would have to be a valid marriage. Otherwise, it would
be the same as people that get married for the purpose of getting a green card. That
said, don't ask me to determine what "valid" means...

Michael

Carl Jan 29th 2002 7:48 pm

>
    >
So these are the professional hooliganas we keep hearing about, so its true.

Peter L Jan 30th 2002 5:15 pm

Maybe you should also post to soc.culture.japan. Of course if you only want to stay
with English people, and would turn down offers from Japanese people, then that would
not be the place for you.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Jacob Fruehling Jan 31st 2002 1:08 am

in message

[usenetquote2]> > Hi,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I don't know if anyone can help me, but I am trying to contact some English[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > people living in Japan who may want to put me and two of my friends up during the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > World Cup in June.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > We have tickets to the three England games and are willing to swap one ticket for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > each game for accomodation for the three of us. So far, we have already had an[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > offer to stay in Sapporo for the Argentina game, but we are also looking for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > someone to put us up in Tokyo and/or Osaka for the Sweden and Nigeria games.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > We are 3 young graduate professional men wih no previous convictions!![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Please contact me if you think you might be able to put us up for a few days in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > return for a ticket or want to ask me any questions. My name is Duncan Worth and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > my email address is [email protected][/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Cheers, Dunc[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]

>

Life In Asia Feb 2nd 2002 12:45 am

You should also check out the Forums on the soccerphile.com site- several other
people have talked about sharing their homes during the WC.