British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Address on the I130 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/address-i130-109951/)

Patrick Jul 31st 2002 9:05 am

Address on the I130

Hi All,

On the I130 it asks "Address in the United States where your relative intends to live". What do you put if you have no idea where you are going to live? We have lived in the UK for the past 7 years, all my wifes friends and family live in New England but after seven years of rain my wife wants to move to Florida when we go back so it will be a brand new begining in most senses.

What have other people done in the same circumstances? Do we have to put an address in there?

Cheers

Patrick

Blackpool for promotion!

rogerpenycate Jul 31st 2002 9:49 am

Re: Address on the I130

Patrick,
We put my wife's sisters address In Virginia (as Ida, my wife was
also in the UK when we filed the I-130)

Since the process started Ida has gone back to the US and rented
an appartment in Fredericksburg VA which is where me and my daughter will be moving to.
From what I was told (I asked this at the interview)
when you get to the POE they ask for your address and at that point I give them the new address.

I understand the main reason (initially) is the address for them to send the green card.
we then have to inform the INS each and everytime we/you change addresses.

Hope this helps

Roger (+ Ida)

Patrick Jul 31st 2002 9:59 am

Thanks Roger,

The plan is that we go back together so we still won't have an address as we will probably live in a hotel until we can find something - do they accept hotels as addresses?

The best thing to do would be to use a family address in New England and change it when we get somewhere but what are the implications of putting down an address you have no intention of ever living at? I think I have caught the overthinking things through disease from my wife!

rogerpenycate Jul 31st 2002 10:17 am

Patrick,
I know how it feels, you can go over things and there are always those "little niggling thoughts"
I'm pretty sure the INS are used to people who "emigrate" only
moving to temporary accommodation, initially, and they must have a system in place !!
Either way I'd still put your relatives address in NE.
I'm not sure how they would view you using the address of a hotel, they are after all very transient places and it is unlikely they would send a green card to a hotel.
A couple of suggestions.
1/. You could telephone their helpline (09061 500590)
2/. Email the London consulate office
[email protected]
They usually respond within 48 (working) hours

So your wife wants to swap Blackpool Pleausre beach for
Disneyland !!!!

Patrick Jul 31st 2002 10:50 am

Cheers again Roger,

what is it about this process that makes an intelligent person so irrational? Your answers are the obvious things to do but here I am surrounded by trees and cant see the wood. We don't even plan to submit the I130 until Christmas and I am panicking now - I will be in a perminant state of hyperventilation by Christmas!

My wife wants to live on the beach (Jax or Tampa) I think she has enough Disney living with me! But that could all be blown out of the water as I am being considered for a post in Dallas so could get transfered internally with the company, so its either the Buccaneers or the Rangers for me!

S.M. Jul 31st 2002 3:20 pm

Patrick We have recently had our I-130 approved in the UK and just put down
the mother in laws address also in the New England area, MA. There were no
problems at all.
S.M.

"Patrick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > On the I130 it asks "Address in the United States where your relative intends to
    > live". What do you put if you have no idea where you are going to live? We have
    > lived in the UK for the past 7 years, all my wifes friends and family live in New
    > England but after seven years of rain my wife wants to move to Florida when we go
    > back so it will be a brand new begining in most senses.
    >
    > What have other people done in the same circumstances? Do we have to put an address
    > in there?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Patrick
    >
    > Blackpool for promotion!
    >
    >
    >
    > --