Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

? about spousal I-130and CSC

? about spousal I-130and CSC

Old Sep 17th 2002, 12:14 am
sunnyflower

Question ? about spousal I-130and CSC

My husband in the USA is about to file a I-130 for myself and my 15 and 12 yr old children he called today to ask them how long it would take after he filed for us all for us to come to the USA they told him three months, I tried to tell him that not all cases are the same and it could be alot longer but he wont listen, he just takes the word of some person on the end of a phone,:scared: so does anyone know the average time for a person to wait after a spouse files at the CSC, I tried to read those timelime things and i cant make head nor tail of them, so if anyone could explain in simple terms it would be much appreciated thanks

sam

Old Sep 17th 2002, 3:50 am
Modelfocus

Default Re: ? about spousal I-130and CSC

Look at it this way: I've been waiting for almost 3 months for approval for my
wifes's I-129 K3 visa. Good luck.

Old Sep 17th 2002, 4:41 am
Just Joined

CoffeeMate is an unknown quantity at this point

It took our petition 40 days to get I-130 approved fron CSC (fairly quick concerning from what I had gathered from other people filing from CSC) and 4 months after that before we heard from the NVC. We talked to the NVC and they said to expect another 3 months before we would get an interview. So we went with a K-3 and are back together sooner than the I-130 would have took.
Old Sep 17th 2002, 4:46 am
sunnyflower

great news for u but today my mother in law called and we talked and shes decided to send my hubby here to do it all at american consulate, does anyone know how much it costs for an I 1-30 for a spouse and 2 children and do the kids have to have a medical too and if so how much are they, and after the I 130's are approved do they charge u for the visas to enter the USA as well, is there any other costs i need to allow for id appreciate the advice