Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

About Guns, Not Gun Laws

About Guns, Not Gun Laws

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:20 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gun laws

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
OK, you were trying to validate your position by providing some evidence of "peer support" via some imaginary karma!

I know because someone just PM'ed that explanation to me!
Two psychiatrists on one thread. This is great being analysed by the two of you. I love it when I'm told what I'm thinking. Thing is you're putting your own thought process into it and it's saying far more about you than me. You can't provide any reasoned arguments about the points I made so you try and deflect attention.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:21 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About Guns, Not Gun Laws

If there's one thing I've learned since being in the states it's always tread on the little or old people.
and the sick get, with the program
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Meet my latest buy ...
Pah, that's nothing; over at the MLRS forum we each bought one of these on a group buy:

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Two psychiatrists on one thread. This is great being analysed by the two of you. I love it when I'm told what I'm thinking. Thing is you're putting your own thought process into it and it's saying far more about you than me. You can't provide any reasoned arguments about the points I made so you try and deflect attention.
I wasn't arguing with you, it's just that karma/pm'ing pseudo support stuff really gets on my tits.

But, I assume you also don't wear a seatbelt.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:24 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

You know the difference between a Microsoft user and a Mac user?

A Microsoft user knows how to shut the fuck up.

boom
boom
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:26 pm
Not dead yet

I wasn't arguing with you, it's just that karma/pm'ing pseudo support stuff really gets on my tits.

But, I assume you also don't wear a seatbelt.
Go on I've got to ask. Why do you think that?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:27 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Can we recap on what your points are exactly?
Having never met me, and based solely on postings on a web forum, you feel qualified enough to state I am not a suitable person to own a handgun.
That because I am cautious about advertising the fact I have unloaded guns in a previously unvisited and crappy part of LA (unless you think living next door to a XXX shop is refined living) I must be a pussy.

You are the one diverting attention. The sole purpose of the thread was to draw attention to the fact that one of California's laws has not been carefully thought out. When the law was passed requiring you transport firearms unloaded then the implication of what that would mean when you reached your destination should have been considered. The range obviously worries about being a target for theft - it has bullet proof glass, you pass your guns through a small steel hatch, and are then buzzed in to the building.

You transpose caution with paranoia as it suits your argument. I take the responsibility of gun ownership seriously. I sat classes before I ever bought my first weapon. Part of being responsible is not putting yourself at unnecessary risk, of being aware of your surroundings. Had I been walking with a bag of groceries I would not have been concerned - heck the chances of being robbed are slim to none even in LA. However I didn't have a bag of groceries, I had what was obviously a very large range bag. It was obvious it was full too as it weighs a lot with all the guns and 450 rounds of ammo.

Thing is my points are valid
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:28 pm
Not dead yet

As stated before it was a flippant reply to a flippant statement
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:29 pm

I didn't know you had bought yourself a Mac too. Smart move!

Originally Posted by Leslie66
You know the difference between a Microsoft user and a Mac user?

A Microsoft user knows how to shut the fuck up.

boom
boom
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:32 pm

Perhaps this guy was paranoid too?
Oviedo police think two people may have been followed home and robbed after they left a local gun range. The man and his friend were robbed in the driveway of a home on Lullwater Drive in the Kingsbridge West subdivision on Sunday.

http://www.wftv.com/news/10963235/detail.html
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Go on I've got to ask. Why do you think that?
A mix of points (?):

No it was an observation, I open BE on my profile there was a boat load and I wondered what the excitement was. Came here same shit different day. 'I must be frightened of people with guns because I believe that everyone shouldn't have a right to have a couple of dozen.' What really makes me laugh at that argument is that the solution would be to (as my neighbour has) get tooled up like the Marines and live in fear of a particular type of person in a particular type of clothing lest they be about to rape/murder/kill/rob or any felony you can insert here. I have no problem with guns just some of the idiots who have them most of whom I wouldn't give the TV remote to let alone anything dangerous.
I think I just mis-read that part...
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Pah, that's nothing; over at the MLRS forum we each bought one of these on a group buy:

http://www.peostri.army.mil/PRODUCTS...mages/MLRS.jpg
Did I mention my missile silo
Attached Thumbnails About Guns, Not Gun Laws-missile.jpg  
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
Did I mention my missile silo
You've got me there!

Although I have got a letter from the President guaranteeing me use of a nuclear submarine.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:38 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Pony
Can we recap on what your points are exactly?
Having never met me, and based solely on postings on a web forum, you feel qualified enough to state I am not a suitable person to own a handgun.
That because I am cautious about advertising the fact I have unloaded guns in a .........
You are the one diverting attention. The sole purpose of the thread was to draw attention to the fact that one of California's laws has not been carefully thought out. When the law was passed requiring you transport firearms unloaded then the implication of what that would mean when you reached your destination should have been considered. The range obviously worries about being a target for theft - it has bullet proof glass, you pass your guns through a small steel hatch, and are then buzzed in to the building.

...... However I didn't have a bag of groceries, I had what was obviously a very large range bag. It was obvious it was full too as it weighs a lot with all the guns and 450 rounds of ammo.
Yet you immediately felt threatened by the way some men were dressed thats paranoia, you said they didn't do anything are you frightened of baggy pants?
You take it serious enough to be discrete? Or advertise the fact with a big bag.

I never said you were a pussy I do believe you were the one who used that phrase amongst others about sexual inadequacy and other psycho babble.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:40 pm
Not dead yet

You've got me there!

Although I have got a letter from the President guaranteeing me use of a nuclear submarine.
He gave you one too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.