British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   About Buns, not Bun Laws...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/about-buns-not-bun-laws-468185/)

Manc Jul 23rd 2007 4:31 am

About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 
I was in Moss Side a few months ago, and stopped the car outside Greggs the bakers.

A few unsavoury characters were outside.
and when I say unsavoury, I ain't talking about the pasties.

you know what I mean?

Why do the police allow chavs to hang outside the bakers when normal people just want to buy an apple fritter and cheese and onion pie in peace?

Elvira Jul 23rd 2007 5:01 am

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 5092397)
I was in Moss Side a few months ago, and stopped the car outside Greggs the bakers.

A few unsavoury characters were outside.
and when I say unsavoury, I ain't talking about the pasties.

you know what I mean?

Why do the police allow chavs to hang outside the bakers when normal people just want to buy an apple fritter and cheese and onion pie in peace?

Is this one rhetorical question or two? :unsure:

.

AdobePinon Jul 23rd 2007 5:17 am

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 
The boulangerie and the patisserie should always be separate. Otherwise you attract the unsavories...

Ray Jul 23rd 2007 5:25 am

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 5092397)
I
Why do the police allow chavs to hang outside the bakers when normal people just want to buy an apple fritter and cheese and onion pie in peace?

They were the police ...

Celsius Jul 23rd 2007 2:40 pm

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 5092442)
They were the police ...

US cops + doughnuts, UK cops + pasties?:p

Tarkak9 Jul 23rd 2007 2:49 pm

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 
The only bun law I am aware of is the fact that hotdog buns come in packs of 6 and hotdogs come in 8... what's that all about?

In this thread are we to roll with the punches? ....no bun intended.

lapin_windstar Jul 23rd 2007 4:21 pm

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 
A US-wide ban on buns might save even more lives than banning guns. From the obesity statistics, there's eclair cause for concern...

dinosaur Jul 23rd 2007 5:19 pm

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by Tarkak9 (Post 5094164)
The only bun law I am aware of is the fact that hotdog buns come in packs of 6 and hotdogs come in 8... what's that all about?

I bought some Hebrew National hot dogs the other day as I'd heard they were good...however, there were 7 in the pack; what's more, they were all like that, it wasn't a one off. I think a fundamental law of physics may have been contravened.

Lord Lionheart Jul 23rd 2007 5:29 pm

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 5092397)
I was in Moss Side a few months ago, and stopped the car outside Greggs the bakers.

A few unsavoury characters were outside.
and when I say unsavoury, I ain't talking about the pasties.

you know what I mean?

Why do the police allow chavs to hang outside the bakers when normal people just want to buy an apple fritter and cheese and onion pie in peace?

Funnily enough they have one of LA's landmarks near the LAX shooting range;

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

I've often fancied going in for a donut but am too scared :o

Thydney Jul 24th 2007 3:08 am

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart (Post 5094813)
Funnily enough they have one of LA's landmarks near the LAX shooting range;

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

I've often fancied going in for a donut but am too scared :o

Just by a discrete obvious large bag for carrying them in. Be aware the might just be a casually dressed roll model for racial harmony

Thydney Jul 24th 2007 3:10 am

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 5094766)
I bought some Hebrew National hot dogs the other day as I'd heard they were good...however, there were 7 in the pack; what's more, they were all like that, it wasn't a one off. I think a fundamental law of physics may have been contravened.

Has anyone seen their ad on tv? I always thought that a cows bum gave the best cuts the front stew and shite like that? WTF are they on?:)

Silly Sod Jul 24th 2007 4:16 am

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 5092397)
I was in Moss Side a few months ago, and stopped the car outside Greggs the bakers.

A few unsavoury characters were outside.
and when I say unsavoury, I ain't talking about the pasties.

you know what I mean?

Why do the police allow chavs to hang outside the bakers when normal people just want to buy an apple fritter and cheese and onion pie in peace?

YOu got me thinking about rice and peas from Chicken Run now Manc, pick us some up next time you are over will ya (Yum!!!) :)

hatfield1 Jul 24th 2007 4:23 am

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by Silly Sod (Post 5097177)
YOu got me thinking about rice and peas from Chicken Run now Manc, pick us some up next time you are over will ya (Yum!!!) :)

no more rice please.

Ozzidoc Jul 24th 2007 4:26 am

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by hatfield1 (Post 5097195)
no more rice please.

Shhhhhh! Don't mention the rice!!!

hatfield1 Jul 24th 2007 4:29 am

Re: About Buns, not Bun Laws......
 

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 5097203)
Shhhhhh! Don't mention the rice!!!

Sorry ancient Chinese secret. ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:05 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.